University of Memphis Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Local Technical Support Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not too difficult. The director called me himself to ask if I was interested in coming in for an interview. It was one group interview with the director and about 4 members of his team.

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN).

Interview

It was informal, and the Assistant Area Coordinator (AAC) was trying to get an understanding of your personality and your work ethic. The AAC is personable and see if you can fit into the work environment. The basic thing is that the person being interviewed will be a good fit for the company.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is simple and easy. You will have to just sell yourself of how you would be a good part of the company.The campus is completing projects of making it more eco friendly. So this makes it a campus of empathy and efficiency. The order of operations is great and staff on campus is friendly. It doesn't matter where you are on campus you're going to have a great experiences!!

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

When filling out the FASA I said I was interested in a student-worker job, used the online search for student worker positions, went in to the office and said I was interested. I had my resume and gave to the office coordinator and was called like the next day. Talked to the Office director for about five minutes and was hired. Filled out paper work with the coordinator and started the first day of school

Graduate Student/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with one of the counselors. I was contacted via email and showed interest in the position. There were a few follow up emails, phone calls, etc. I then met the professor I would be working with primarily in person.

IT Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

It's usually in a computer lab in one of the campus buildings. You will first be asked to introduce yourself.

Then you will take a typing test. The minimum they require is 40WPM for the IT Technical Assistant position.

After this, you will be asked to go on eCourseware to write a short essay on how to troubleshoot something as well as a quiz on computer terminology and customer service. If I recall you will need to score at least an 80% to be considered further.

After you're done with the eCourseware portion they may do one of two things.

1. You can leave and they will determine who they want to hire over the next couple of days. This might happen if they schedule the interview during busy times.

2. They'll ask you to sit quietly, and once everyone is done, two of the supervisors will leave the room and call 2-3 people out for a small Q&A at a time until they cover everyone. You'll probably be asked one question only. If they do this, chances are good that they will announce who they will hire after everyone has been called. As for the types of questions, it varies greatly. If you boast about your technical still they'll probably ask you how to troubleshoot something. If they notice something in your job history that's a bit unusual, they'll ask about that.

Interview Questions

• Did you leave your last place of employment on a happy note?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

I am International Student. I got admitted in the Graduate school for Masters Degree in Computer Science, University of memphis for Fall 2013. I had Applied for the Graduate Assistant Position in the August. I got the Assistant ship in the last week of August. There was no Interview for this postion.

Administrative Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was easy and not challenging. Comfortable atmosphere and I felt the interviewer was easy to communicate with. I also felt that the University of Memphis Human Resources department was great and they emailed frequently with me through the whole processs. Will be applying to another job there soon.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application online. About two weeks later I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. They told me they would be in touch in a week or so. About a week later I was offered a final interview and flown to Memphis and put up in the campus Holiday Inn. The final interview was a full-day affair, I met with like 5 different people.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary for an administrator.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation-take it or leave it. HR gets very pushy if you ask for some time to consider the offer and are very unhelpful with providing further information.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

It was the basic interview, and no real tricks were employed in terms of assessing the potential of the candidate. That AAC, who is no longer with the Residence Life department, was incredibly professional and instrumental in reforming the culture of the building I worked. The process featured a one-on-one style question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?
      Q: Describe your organizational management.   Answer Question