University of Miami Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami in August 2011.

Interview

Was contacted directly by the Hiring Manager for an interview the following day. The next day I waited for about 15 minutes to be called in. The receptionist was extremely personable and friendly. After I was called in and given a brief introduction to the panel, the interview basically consisted of me talking about my experience. I believe I asked more questions than the panel.
Afterward, the Hiring Manager said they would get back to me within approximately a week. I heard nothing back until I made a follow-up call two weeks after the initial interview. The response was not a phone call, but in an e-mail stating that the "position has been filled".
Although I did not have a Master's at the time (i.e. a preferred qualification), I was more than qualified for the position based on my background. It seems if one doesn't possess the minimum "preferred" qualifications you will not get the position.

Interview Questions