University of Miami Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Miami Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Miami Hospital

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Upon getting to the assigned location for interview, you take a seat close to the room your interviewing for and from there you wait roughly 5-10min depending on if they are interviewing another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any limitations?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

I've on three interviews and each of them are different depending on the needs of the department. They don't mention during the call back for the interview whether you are having a panel interview or not so its always a surprise. Prepare in advance if you don't like group interviews. They go through the details of your resume and ask accordingly. If you are someone they don't think qualifies for the position, you'll know right away, they dont mince words.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position?   1 Answer

ICU RN Interview

Interview

quickly got an interview w/two nurse managers and icu director. brief interview with lots of applicants. asked about 6 questions about why i should get the job over other applicants, situational questions including a cardiac rhythm strip.

Interview Questions

• do you have a preference in which icu (neuro, cardiac, surgical, or medical)   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out application, did interview before directors, was offered a position, agreed to it, did all the paperwork, health screens, etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They asked whether I wanted days or nights. Those who said either got nights.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was easy. The interviewer was nice. But they had 3 rounds of about 40 people, and it seems like everyone was accepted, so this makes me think that turnover is high.

Interview Questions

• Very few. Why are you interested int his position? What is your educations? What is your experience?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with several team members, all very nice and smart. The interviewers all had a set of questions to ask and they were fair. But they do want to know how familiar you are with the field of interest and how much experience you have had. Also they ask about past jobs as well, what you did there, why did you leave, etc. Situational questions, if you were faced with a situation, what would you do, or how did you handle that situation.

Interview Questions

• The usual situational and behavioral questions. If you were in this situation what would you do, or how did you handle this or that. Just answer honestly and straightforward.   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a difficult investigator?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was more like a panel interview with all nursing directors from all departments and various candidates. You would meet with a few directors and it felt like they would almost pick and choose you. You didn't get to go specifically into the floor you wante to. You also had other interviews occurring next to you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a confronting situation with a patient?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital.

Interview

Interview process was thorough and fair. Things took longer than expected. The important thing to note is that your offer is contingent upon passing a physical which includes blood pressure. You must either have a normal blood pressure according to their machine or get it under control BEFORE they will allow you to start. Being under the care of a doctor is not sufficient nor is the blood pressure measurements at your doctor's office. If this is an issue for you, don't give notice until you have have been cleared by them medically.

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was invited to a job fair a University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center by one of my contacts in Linkedin. I could tell you that it was one of the best interview process i have been a part of in my career. The unit director and Unit manager asked sensible questions, very specific, and was impress by that. specially after interviewing at tree other hospitals.

Interview Questions

• 1. State your goals/reasons for pursuing a career in critical care or emergency care
      2. List and describe the three most challenging aspects you see as a critical care or emergency care nurse.

3. What do you see as the differences between your current role and your role in critical care or emergency care?   Answer Question

RN - ICU Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami Hospital.

Interview

- HR called to set up interview
    - interviewed with ICU director, nurse educators
    - no job shadow