University of Miami Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Computer Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Was brief lasted 20 minutes they as a group asked about my computer experience, what happened at my last position (also at the University of Miami), When could I start,Then I started working

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from one of the Supervisors for a interview, you will have 2 of this interviews, remember to dress to impress, this interviews are relatively easy, most of the questions are I about how you would approach different situations related with patient and customer service, by the way, if you have customer service experience is a plus and if you are bilingual you will have a better opportunity to be hire.

Interview Questions

• Question: why should I hire you?
      * remember, do not oversell you image!   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get an offer on the second interview, you either accepted and have a job or denied and you will keep looking for a job.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview. Met up with the Supervisor and 1 other person. Asked randon situation questions and gave a brief introduction on the job details and policies. They also specified that you need no to little experience working for them. Once hired, they will train. Most of the interview was about you giving feedback from the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an angry customer and how did you handle it? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got interview through reference. CCS of University of Miami was working on the same research as I was working on, semantic enabled search system.

Interview Questions

• questions were mostly on basic java and data structure, Few questions about algorithm writing and semantic systems   1 Answer

Sports Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

Informal but very open. The woman who interviewed me for the internship was a senior so it was definitely easier to talk to her about myself. Basically talked about my availability and my general background and interests.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Very long

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to leave your present job and work for the university   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Long process. Three phone call interviews, one online interview and one personal interview.The process is long and they didn't let me know that I was the person selected for the position until a recruiter called me to offer the position and the salary (officially).

Intermediate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied online through job board. Was called about a 2 weeks later for an interview. Sat with 2 senior programmers, They asked me questions regarding my past experience, why I wanted to work there, etc. Even though I didn't have experience with everything they asked for, I expressed the initiative of reviewing them before the Interview. We made small talk. They were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Write a program in any language that prints out the numbers 1 through 100.   1 Answer
    • What is the importance of Normalization in databases.   Answer Question

Intermediate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with two senior developers, it was about 30 minutes long, they described the position and some details about the department whom they support. the department has may interfaces with multiple databases and different programming languages, as they support different configured vendor products.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall interview was easy and smooth. They asked fair questions and ended it with smile. And I got the offer in one week. They are very efficient and professional.