University of Miami Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Miami

2.6

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

The interviews are held in a large room with several different managers during the interview process. They are very quick and quite abrupt not personal at all. No room for display of personality.

Interview Questions

• Same old same old questions what would you do in this situation? How do you take criticism?   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in December 2019.

Interview

Round 1 - Call from HR. Set up a panel interview in office. I specifically asked about a H1B transfer and they said they supported it.
    Round 2 - Panel interview. Everything went great. They had a list of questions that they were rating based off of. Most questions were based on past experiences.

Everyone loved me as a candidate. I received the offer. I accepted it. After a month, they rejected me. It was a weird thing to have happened.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

1 phone interview, 3 in-person interviews. The first interview was with an office manager, the second was a panel interview with various people including HR, and the last interview was with the Dean and the Sr Accounts Manager. Pretty easy interviews minus the panel interview, which was totally dominated by just one person who kept going on rants. I also provided a portfolio to share with everyone.

Everyone was pretty nice, but something sketchy was involved. I kept being told I was the front runner and would be offered a position (which I'm sure you're not supposed to do), then submitted my references (which I can confirm they completed) and never heard back from them. I had to be the one to reach out to HR, who then just told me they were going to go with other candidates and no one ever wanted to tell me why or provided advice/tips. No one wanted to respond to my emails after they gave me their business cards and told me to reach out to them if I needed help.

TO TOP IF OFF, I GOT A PARKING TICKET FOR $50. Make sure they submit your license plate and name BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. I got a ticket at 1:49pm for an interview at 2pm and still haven't gotten it appealed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had to overcome conflict in an office setting.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of you taking accountability for something you did wrong/a mistake   Answer Question
    • Give an example of leading a project or team.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

I describe the interview process as being formulated by scam artists. Based off my experience I recommend future contenders to ask more questions before taking off time to interview. After the interview, I provided a list of references to the employer. Since then my references and I who live in different areas have been receiving unwanted spam/robocalls from the same numbers! I can not confirm it is related but I suspect it is as it's just too coincidental! Very saddening to know my information was misused.

TA Interview

Application

I interviewed at University of Miami in September 2019.

Interview

Very standard and relaxed. Went through two interviews. The first one was simple, basically standard interview question. Second interview was more technical and detailed. Hiring process did not take too long.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were under pressure and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Directly talked to hiring manager and he took a phone interview. Described his projects and asked my interests. I loved the project and understood that it is very beneficial.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

First I had a telephone interview with 3 HR people. About 2 weeks or so, then I got a face to face interview with a senior manager.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

Five interviews with six different people. Very nice but asked difficult questions. Be sure to know exactly what they are looking for in order to answer their questions properly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disagreement with a coworker and how you handled it   Answer Question

Clinical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone process as a pre-screening. One on one with the Director, ask a series of questions of best or worst outcomes and experiences. The normal process of an interview. Felt very impromptu and director was documenting all responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a unsuccessful build or task you have implemented?   1 Answer

Physician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

Would have rather called prior to going there for an interview, which was a waste of time and the decision was made prior to my even coming there. Please call interviewer or secretary prior to going there in person and wasting your time. Answering one or two questions about myself on the phone would have saved a lot of time and energy.