University of Miami Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview first and then one Skype interview. The process is quick and people are nice. The questions are little bitter difficult regarding personality. Skype interview is good but you can't google the answer when you do it.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview. Met up with the Supervisor and 1 other person. Asked randon situation questions and gave a brief introduction on the job details and policies. They also specified that you need no to little experience working for them. Once hired, they will train. Most of the interview was about you giving feedback from the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an angry customer and how did you handle it? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Video Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the most un-professional of any company I've ever interviewed with.

I received a mobile phone call out of the blue approx. 3 weeks after applying for the position online. No scheduled interview, just a random call whereby the interviewer simply started by telling me I was one of 3 finalists and started asking me questions on the phone via a very poor telephone connection. I'm not sure if he was in an office or driving in the car, but to simply start right into an interview with no scheduled call, no warning, and with a bad connection to boot, it was a very un-professional experience.

Interview Questions

• I couldn't even tell you, the questions were so rapid fire and all over the place, plus I had no warning that an interview was going to happen.   Answer Question

Online Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

it was a phone interview. it went really well we even speak about salary expectations. the director was supposed to get back to me in a week, and nothing happen. that was really not professional. I have lots of experience in the job that I applied, besides I have a masters degree. I prepared myself in advance I even practice the questions. I really thought I was going to get a call back. I called them to follow up, but they never returned my call. I am really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Supply Chain - Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview (the first round) was less technical than I expected and although it was conducted by managers (not by HR) it was mainly of behavioral nature, asking about how I had handled a given situation at past jobs. There were at least 10 questions that were simple but I believe relevant to identify the type of person they were looking for.

Senior Financial Aid Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with 8 people in the first round of interviews, and spoke with 6/7 people during the second interview conducted via telephone. Everyone was super conservative and a little uptight.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired to wash all the windows in Miami, how would you go about doing the job? Take us from start to finish...   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL).

Interview

The human resource person called 15 min late and rushed through the questions. Also, was not friendly and did not explain the position nor did not answer questions asked. If the Hr person was pressed for time it would have been best to reschedule phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What managerial style do you enjoy working with.   1 Answer

Assistant Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Assistant Development Director with the College of Arts and Sciences. I had a phone interview and it went really well. I am an out of state applicant and therefore I was told that I would probably receive a second interview via Skype. I sent follow up communication and never received any kind of reply. Never was told if the position had been filled or anything. I don't expect communication in general. However, after you interview, I do feel that a follow up email through HR should be sent to tell you that you are no longer in consideration. I had the direct email of the department director and she never bothered to reply. I was really surprised too because it seemed that we had a lot of things in common and it was a great phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the similarities we had transitioning from sales to development.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Interview

After a month and a half, I received a phone call concerning a position that I had applied for to manage facilities at the Miller campus. After completing the phone interview, which was fairly simple, I was told to wait for a follow-up interview. At this point, I am still awaiting that follow-up.

Interview Questions

• How did you diffuse a heated conflict between two parties?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail requesting phone interview from future supervisor. Replied with available time and conducted phone interview on agreed time. Phone interview was layed back. Most questions were asking about experience with technology listed in job description.