University of Miami Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Medical Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

I had two interviews each interview lasted about a hour . It was a 3 supervisor interview from different daprtments. All three supervisor ask different questions. It was a little tense in the beginning .

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL).

Interview

I do not remember my interview- I have been here for a while.
    If you speak well, and look professional then your hired. Interviewing is not rocket science.
    Prepare by reading up on the company you are looking to get hired by. Job Hunting- 101

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

I had a few emails first. Phone interview with the professor was the last step as I was not in US at the time. A few months later I got an email stating I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle the tough life of a grad student?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (West Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: they asked some questions about project, future career, and then they would invite you to visit the lab and present your work. Furthermore, you will have a meeting one on one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

A short conversation with the director of the program and then a short conversation with the grad student i would be working with. Then I needed to fill out paperwork. Very brief and informal, mainly based off of a recommendation and informal conversation.

Interview Questions

• If I had any background in chemistry.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Relax in the interview or you will not make it to the second interview. Prep and accept other interviews you will not take. Dress professional, light nail polish and breath.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future, or where do you see your self going in the future?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your position?   1 Answer
    • Example questions of a time when you disagreed with a co-worker. How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Listen to the information and ask them questions concerning the team /issues?   1 Answer
    • What do you currently do in your position?   1 Answer

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

In my opinion, it was a casual business meeting...more on the casual rather than the business side. I met with the PI in person after coordinating date and time via phone/email.
    We had a conversational interview where I talked about my previous experience and how it could help them out. Questions were exchanged and once the PI was content with the answers, it was agreed that I would be contacted in the next 48 hrs whether I would be called in or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous work experience that qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview first and then one Skype interview. The process is quick and people are nice. The questions are little bitter difficult regarding personality. Skype interview is good but you can't google the answer when you do it.

Security Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami (New York, NY).

Interview

Three rounds:
    - Online, written application form round: No question related to prior work experience.
    - Group interview: focuses on group-work skills, communication skills and capability to solve problems.
    - Personal interview (with a panel): 20-25 questions with 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Make a mission statement for the company in three words.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

For the Lab research position at the medical school campus, I have been contacted by the PI's secretary and called in for a one -on- one interview. Day of the interview I first spoke with some of the post docs regarding my past work experience and lastly with the PI.