University of Miami Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Online Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

it was a phone interview. it went really well we even speak about salary expectations. the director was supposed to get back to me in a week, and nothing happen. that was really not professional. I have lots of experience in the job that I applied, besides I have a masters degree. I prepared myself in advance I even practice the questions. I really thought I was going to get a call back. I called them to follow up, but they never returned my call. I am really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL).

Interview

Submitted application online, within a couple hours, received an email from HR asking for a phone interview. Set up interview for following week, in person. Decision took 2 weeks for offer to come.

Interview Questions

• How do you map a network printer?
      What is a file share?
      How do you handle upset customers?
      What's the hardest issue you've handled?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted by the recruiter, who set up a phone interview with the department for which I applied for. I was first screened by phone and a meeting was scheduled. They basically wanted to make sure I was bilingual because the position required it to be able to communicate with the international students.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my character and how I had handled specific problems at my past jobs.   Answer Question

Donor Relations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

Unprepared and unprofessional. They were late and seemed like they didn't know what position I was interviewing for. I interviewed a total of two times with two different potential supervisors. Questions were general questions they most likely Google'd or received from a general list of questions from HR. Easy. Also - the University is notorious for the snail paced interview/recruiting process. It's up to you to be proactive and call HR for information about the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous administrative experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami in February 2016.

Interview

Long but positive experience. Phone interview. After and in person interview with a committee of 7, 3 managers first, 3 team leaders after and then the executive director. Finally a phone interview with VP. A process of around 3 weeks. Lots of questions but the usual on any interview. If well prepared there will be an offer. Good luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why this company? Weakness and strength? Experience? Team player? A proposal successful implemented? Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just gave my figure and they offered it.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in University of Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami (University of Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

They called for the 2 interviews, After the first interview, the second interview was in a quite place, with nice persons, I felt very comfortable. I get the job, was a nice experience

Supply Chain - Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview (the first round) was less technical than I expected and although it was conducted by managers (not by HR) it was mainly of behavioral nature, asking about how I had handled a given situation at past jobs. There were at least 10 questions that were simple but I believe relevant to identify the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview

Apply online, then if someone likes you you get called for an interview. I did one by Skype. RSMAS has a weekend visitation for students who are nominated for Grad fellowships, its lots of meetings with each of the major professors in your division, meetings with other grad students, seminars, etc. None of this means you'll get in, but your likelihood of it is higher if you get an interview than not.

Senior Financial Aid Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with 8 people in the first round of interviews, and spoke with 6/7 people during the second interview conducted via telephone. Everyone was super conservative and a little uptight.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired to wash all the windows in Miami, how would you go about doing the job? Take us from start to finish...   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL).

Interview

The human resource person called 15 min late and rushed through the questions. Also, was not friendly and did not explain the position nor did not answer questions asked. If the Hr person was pressed for time it would have been best to reschedule phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What managerial style do you enjoy working with.   1 Answer