University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine

2.7

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial communication process post application took more than one month. There were 3 follow-up interviews for the position (2 individual and 1 panel interview). Post-job offer, it took 2 months to be processed by HR and legitimately hired.

Interview Questions

• Question based on a no-win situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for salary. The interviewers stated the job offer came with the prospective employees acceptance of the bare minimum pay of the pay band.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

It takes a long time for HR to respond to your application. The interview process is short. You're interviewed by a large group of people. The job duties I applied for, wasn't the duties they expected for me to perform

ARNP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a long, arduous process. Paperwork was submitted and re-submitted. So many people involved could not keep track. Things I was told in interview were not true once I took the job. Schedules were changed from what was told to me at the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no useful questions at the interview.   1 Answer

Finance Assistant Interview

Interview

The director of my program refer me to the person who has the position, and I emailed my resume to the person. After that, she emailed me to schedule an interview with her. The interview was a short and pleasant.

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview with each team member in the team and then they said they're gonna be a test. But they never get back to me, and somehow they said they are not gonna have anyone

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later I received a call from HR that my cover letter (CL) was in the system but my resume was not. It was a bit estrange because during my online application I upload my CL and resume in one pdf attachment. Anyway, I sent my resume again by email. Two days later I received an email from the PI requesting and phone interview for next day. I was available during the afternoon, he was not. We found a common ground next day.

Interview Questions

• The interview was about an hour long. He started asking me about the year I received my PhD. Immediately after, he asked me 10 questions mainly focus on data confidentiality, working with ethnically diverse team, how to work out differences in data results, how to implement new ideas and what to do when the group does like you. During the hour long interview, I did not receive any question related to my skills and techniques I used. At the end I asked about what type of research associated he was looking for and he said someone with experience in two particular techniques (cloning and optogenetics), both of them I did not have any experience and I did not write any of them in my resume. I did a follow up with a thank you email and I did not get any response.   Answer Question

Research Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a phone interview approximately one month after submitting an online application. The phone interview was very unprofessional. The call was thirty minutes late, the interviewer hung up to answer another call and I was made to wait again, and the interviewer could not remember which questions had already been asked once I was called back. It was clear that the interviewer was not prepared and had not even read my application package. The interviewer was very rude and interrupted my responses on multiple occasions.

Interview Questions

• Describe prior research experience, including protocol details   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. An interview with the hiring manager, her boss, and a physician leader. This took place many years ago and the questions were standard interview questions. A call from the HR manager to set up an interview. The interview was held by the hiring manager and I was then escorted to meet her boss and later on a meeting with a physician.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Strengths and Weaknesses. Preferences in management style. The focus was primarily on my resume and they asked specifics regarding my past accomplishments. Expect to get your resume dissected and explain how you were able to achieve past goals. Be honest in your resume and be able to clearly explain yourself.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

interviewd by Carl Eisdorfer PhD MD Chairman at the time of the Department of PSYCHIATRY who had heard me lecture to medical students and had read my bantam book
    who do you think you are.the hidden power of your sacred self

Interview Questions

• Willingness to contribute what I had written in my books to students and residents   1 Answer

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired as a result of my previous collaboration with the department of interest, there was no interview process.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, salary was determined by NIH (National Institute of Health)