University of Michigan Clinical Subjects Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Clinical Subjects Coordinator Interview Questions

2.0

Clinical Subjects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing me. They described the job and what it would entail while asking questions about how my experience would contribute to that certain job task or skill.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to remain focused and to avoid outside distractions, how do you feel you would be able to handle this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Michigan

Clinical Subjects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

What a WEIRD interview! I should start this by saying that I have rarely failed to land either a second interview that I declined, or a job after an interview (not to be cocky - I don't always GET interviews, but when I get them I tend to do pretty well). I found a job that was perfect for my skills and qualifications, basically something I thought I was extremely qualified for, credential-wise. Honestly, I'd never found a job that fit my skills and interests so well. So after applying, I waited about 4 months to hear back. I'd written them off at that point, but when they called to set up an interview I went along with it. I didn't receive any of the emails they said they sent confirming time or location, but I knew where they were so it wasn't a big problem. Once I got to the interview, though, things got... strange. I met with a few people at the scheduled time. I was asked two questions, total: 1) What did I think the qualifications of this position would be (and did I have them); and 2) what role did I have in my research abstracts. The tone of the second question seemed to imply that maybe I hadn't done what I said I had, which I really didn't appreciate in a prospective future team. The whole thing lasted literally about 20 minutes (after they'd told me to block an hour). They didn't ask when I was available to start or if I had salary requirements or anything (although they told me they were going to choose a candidate soon) and they were sort of short when I asked questions, and didn't do the typical "any other questions?" bit -- in fact, it seems like they were resisting questions. I couldn't tell walking out whether they'd had a candidate in mind the whole time but had to do the superficial interviewing of qualified candidates, or if they just disliked me on sight, but it was clear I was not getting a job with them. It's also possible that I was overqualified (turns out the job was much lower level than they had described in the initial posting), or who knows what else. Anyway, it was probably the strangest interview I've ever had. I never heard that the position was closed, either. Overall, given the lag time between the job open/close date and when they called me, I feel like there was probably an element of mandatory interviewing involved, but I was a little resentful that they would spend my time knowing that they weren't interested in me as a candidate going in. I could be wrong and maybe it was something I did, but I don't really feel like the interview lasted long enough for me to blow it. Who knows...

Interview Questions

• What do you think the skills needed to be successful at this job are, and do you have them?   Answer Question