University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.6

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Phone call first then in person. Manager and HR person in same interview. Had to prove I knew excel. Had to sit at front desk for 30 minutes to observe.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling the doctor's skin line? Can you do formulas in excel?   Answer Question

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

You apply online and await a call/email from the department you applied to. The timeline varies based on how quick the department is. For some positions, I didn't find out that I didn't get the job until two months after the job posting closed. Other positions called me before the position closed.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for an interview. It really depends on the department.   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Positive: I was contacted for an in-person panel interview via email. All communication before and after was very professional (e.g. I was told exactly how the interview would go, about next steps, and informed that I had not been chosen for the position). The interview itself was held in a conference room in one of the departments I would have been working for (had I been hired).
    Negative: Although behavioral questions are typically asked in interviews, this interview ONLY consisted of behavioral questions. No questions or discussion directly about the position (until it was my turn to ask questions). Also, my lack of "full-time employment" history was called into question. (FYI: I was the most educated person in the room and, although I do have work experience, I have been unable to work full-time because I have been a full-time student until now). Additionally, at the end of the interview, when we were all shaking hands, I realized that one of the interviewers was only wearing socks! Normally, this wouldn't have offended me, but since I had traveled a long distance to be there and was dressed professionally, it was rather upsetting to see that one of the interviewers hadn't even bothered to bring shoes into the room!

Interview Questions

• 6 pages worth of behavioral questions (literally every behavioral question you can possibly think of... and more)   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Very relaxed. Wanted to know about my past experience and what I could bring to the team. Other than the interview, there is a drug test (urine) for employees working at the health system. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program and got matched with potential Principal Investigators. Emailed to set up interviews and got lab tours and met with staff and graduate students.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Applied a week ago and received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Residential Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Speak with Hall Directors maybe one or two and it's about 30 min long. Behavioral questions and situational to hear how you would handle situations. They also want to hear about your background to judge whether you'd be a good candidate and of course be ready to explain why you and interested in the position

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

One phone interview and that was it. Other students got to visit the campus, but I was in China. They apparently don't invite International students for a campus visit. I still got the offer later, though.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (New York, NY).

Interview

They brought people in. We talked about the program. There was food, we met current students. Everything was ok overall. I'm here now, so there's that too.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening with 2 people, next was an in-person interview with the same 2 people which was the Cheif administrator and executive interim secretary. After that about 3 days later they did a reference check. Same day scheduled a meet and greet with staff and director in the morning and then by the afternoon I got a call with a phone offer then an email with official offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with confidentiality?
      Tell me about a time where you had multiple projects? How were you able to meet deadlines?
      What type of support do you feel the Executive assistant should give the Chief Administrator?
      1 Answer