University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Michigan

2.6

Full Stack Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process went really well. I was interviewed by technical people who asked about my projects, some behavioral STAR style questions, etc. Overall it went well, just be confident and ready to talk about your projects

Interview Questions

Interview

Much like any other interview. They ask pretty basic questions and test your computer literacy. Its not a difficult interview and youre only speaking to one person, not a group.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

Nice department. Filled out the application online. Got contacted for a phone interview the day after the position had closed. Completed the phone interview that following week, then got contacted that same week for a in person interview. Interview was over 2 hours long. I had about 2-3 panel interviews, which included some of the staff and student workers. It was quite interesting how exhausting the process was, being that the position was a lot of work for very little pay. I got notified about 5 weeks later that I wasn’t offered the position. No explanation, just simply “You were not selected”. The position was then re-posted the following day. Overall process took several weeks, from the time I applied, had my interviews, to the time I was notified about the decision. The process took way longer than it should have. The department focuses heavily on promoting diversity, but has nothing to show for it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student that seems to be withdrawn from participating?   Answer Question

IT Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with the manager and overall was a simple process. I was just asked a few questions and described my experience. The total interview only took about 20 or so minutes, very short.

Interview Questions

• Describe one moment where you had to make a quick thinking decision on an incident.   Answer Question

Clinical Subject Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process wasn’t too difficult. It took about an hour. It was a typical interview. The asked a lot about my resume and asked about me as well as let me ask questions.

Ra Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Interview

1 interview with two assistant hall directors. It was a list of 10 questions and I had the opportunity to look at all of them and answer them one by one. The interviewers were nice and it was a relaxed environment.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

It was good. Onsite Interview at the offices. Make sure you know what's on your resume and can expand on it Employees seemed very nice and happy to work there. Unfortunately, I could not accept because of some personal issues.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan in September 2019.

Interview

Pretty casual, asked about education and employment history, talked about interests and why I wanted to work there, what work experience did I have that could help me contribute to ongoing research projects, heard about research projects that I could potentially work on.

Telefund Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2019.

Interview

It's a really simple interview and they only expect you to be confident when reading over the script. You will come in to the office and after you will be do a phone interview within the next few days.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Phone screen, brief, directly with peer - brief. I felt like the interviewer made decision within two minutes of talking to me. Didn’t hear back until position closed several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave - it seemed like a step back ? Current job title was “higher” than position I was interviewing for   1 Answer