University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2018

2.5

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

It takes FOREVER.. I have been jumping through hoops every week for the past 4 weeks. Each week I get an e-mail with something else to do. I wish I could do everything at once instead of heading there over and over to pay for parking each time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

I had already worked there for two years in a different role and was offered this position. Wasn't much of an interview process. A lot of people are hired in from other positions because the ladder of progression is so slow so people tend to jump to different jobs in order to make more money.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

easy, I am a temp so the interview was very easy and they didnt really ask much. When i interviewed for the reg position, it was very intense. It was one on one and just went through my resume.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was on way vedio interview. There were plenty of time to read the questions and recording the answer and change it if you want to. They let you prepare few day before and they give you some practice questions before you start the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background experience and education as it appears on your resume.   1 Answer
    • What you know about Michigan university security department   1 Answer
    • What you like the most about your recent job and what you don't like about it.   Answer Question
    • What is your goal in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Explain any employment gab in your resume if any.   Answer Question

Research Laboratory Technician Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

I had an hour long interview with the PI. Next was a 30 minute interview the lab staff I would be working with (4 people total). Finally, I was shown the basics of what I would be doing for this specific job position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have any work related research experience? If no, why not (was it not provided at your college, are you fresh out of college, etc)? Strengths? Weaknesses? Give an example of a time you weren't able to complete a project on time and what could you have changed to meet that deadline? Give an example of a time you work on group project? What do you like least and most about working in a lab? Do you work well with others? Name specific lab techniques and equipment you are familiar with.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Overall positive process. I first had a phone interview for roughly 30 minutes. They then followed up with several case studies I had 2 weeks to complete. They were slow getting back with me and actually didn't respond for several weeks. I had to follow up several times in order to receive a response.

Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Apply online @ www.umjobs.org. If you have not taken their "tests" which include: written, logic, basic math test, then HR will require you to do so before applying. Once applied and if they call, they usually request a phone interview before in person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Many positions at the University of Michigan already have a candidate selected when the posting is listed. I was one of these candidates, where I had already worked in the position on a contract basis, and then the position was turned into full-time position because I was successful in the contract role.

Interview Questions

Interview

Director introduces the program and talked about future research interest. A relaxed style just asked about the experience and what kind of lifestyle you would like. As an international student, it was a skype meeting. It is more like a chat not a test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any specific professor you want to work with   Answer Question

Clinical Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Was cold called by the hiring manager; typically not an issue but it should have warned me of what was to come. I have done many interviews with many companies but never had one so unprofessional. Before the call was done, I actually asked to be removed from consideration for the position. Being a Michigan native, I have the greatest respect for the University and U of M healthcare but I don't think I would ever apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience will be helpful in this position.   Answer Question