University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2018

2.6

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied online through the University of Michigan's website. I was contacted about a week later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview itself was conducted by two people and was about forty five minutes long. I was offered the position roughly a week later and I accepted. I enjoyed the position, Michigan is a great place to work!

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

4 to 5 managers in the interview. quick and painless. afterwards they have you shadow for a half hour to get a feel for the flow of the department

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview that lasted less than 30 minutes. Next was an in person interview that last less than an hour. They require computer skills testing and orientations. Overall, really simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Interview

Apply online.. received a call from HR for interview (but first you will have to complete PEP program prior in applying). Phone interview first, then in person, sometimes a second or third interview depends on department.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Quick interview, typing test, computerized listening test.

Negotiation

Not negotiatable

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Phone call first then in person. Manager and HR person in same interview. Had to prove I knew excel. Had to sit at front desk for 30 minutes to observe.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling the doctor's skin line? Can you do formulas in excel?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Very comfortable interview in the position supervisor's office on campus. Basic questions about my experience as a student so far and why I was interested in the position. Ended up becoming a nice conversation and overall I thought it went very well. She said she'd get back soon and I received a phone call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to negotiate hours to work with another job but very flexible.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very casual. I was given the questions ahead of time so I could prepare. It was a very conversational atmosphere, with little stress. No right or wrong answers, just wanted to see my thinking. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Patient scenario question. Goals. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Difficult patient interaction.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set salary dependent on years of experience

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Posted online, submitted resume online. Received a call for an interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed as I was entry level when I started.