University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.6

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers on the phone. There was a quick turnaround with offer. In addition, the interview was very informative and I learned a lot about the position from it.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied through umbrella program for research. Flew out for interview with 5 faculty. Interview sessions included lunch and dinner with students and faculty. Interviews were 1:1, where they asked questions about your research interests, career aspirations, and goals. Also met with several departments at a poster session.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone for a position at The University of Michigan Law School's Information Technology department. The title of the position was "Business Systems Analysis & Support Analyst." I'm not making this up. The interviewers were beyond rude and maybe even laughed at one of my answers. They were unprofessional. Their behavior makes a bad impression on the university. I hope their superiors at the university are reading this review.

I'm glad I didn't get an offer from the university for this position because I wound up getting an offer from a company that was about $10,000 per year more than the starting salary for this position.

Good luck if you work with these people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

I am interviewed by my advisor. And he asked me about some technical questions about my research field. And also he challenged me to think about some experiment design.

Interview Questions

• The question is limited to the research field, no reference value.   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

It takes FOREVER.. I have been jumping through hoops every week for the past 4 weeks. Each week I get an e-mail with something else to do. I wish I could do everything at once instead of heading there over and over to pay for parking each time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

I had already worked there for two years in a different role and was offered this position. Wasn't much of an interview process. A lot of people are hired in from other positions because the ladder of progression is so slow so people tend to jump to different jobs in order to make more money.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

easy, I am a temp so the interview was very easy and they didnt really ask much. When i interviewed for the reg position, it was very intense. It was one on one and just went through my resume.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was on way vedio interview. There were plenty of time to read the questions and recording the answer and change it if you want to. They let you prepare few day before and they give you some practice questions before you start the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background experience and education as it appears on your resume.   1 Answer
    • What you know about Michigan university security department   1 Answer
    • What you like the most about your recent job and what you don't like about it.   Answer Question
    • What is your goal in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Explain any employment gab in your resume if any.   Answer Question

Research Laboratory Technician Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

I had an hour long interview with the PI. Next was a 30 minute interview the lab staff I would be working with (4 people total). Finally, I was shown the basics of what I would be doing for this specific job position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have any work related research experience? If no, why not (was it not provided at your college, are you fresh out of college, etc)? Strengths? Weaknesses? Give an example of a time you weren't able to complete a project on time and what could you have changed to meet that deadline? Give an example of a time you work on group project? What do you like least and most about working in a lab? Do you work well with others? Name specific lab techniques and equipment you are familiar with.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Overall positive process. I first had a phone interview for roughly 30 minutes. They then followed up with several case studies I had 2 weeks to complete. They were slow getting back with me and actually didn't respond for several weeks. I had to follow up several times in order to receive a response.