University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Applied a week ago and received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple multi-panel interviews as well as one on ones with leadership. The interviews took place over a few weeks. They seemed to have a bad experience with a previous employee so the questions were geared toward how I would handle a situation where there was a financial discrepancies, gossipy co-workers, and dealing with mundane tasks. They would ask a few questions regarding my skills but most of it would revolve around specific behaviors. It was odd to have to answer to questions about situations that I had never really found myself in because I have a good work ethic or there are already checks and balances in place to prevent them. They also insisted on speaking to a current supervisor as a reference even though I had let them know it would compromise my current job.

Stewardship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I'd like to state that I did *not* get this interview as result of a referral.

I applied remotely, so it ended up being a Skype interview. I met with HR first. Asked a lot of typical questions ("Why U of M?" "Are you prepared to move right away?" "Strengths/weaknesses", etc.). The person I interviewed with seemed very interested in what I had to say and provided a lot of feedback. The interview immediately went into a second with the supervisor for the position I'd applied for. He asked a lot of the same questions, explained a lot about the position, etc. Overall, it was a really good experience. Both interviewers were personable and seemed genuinely interested in me as a candidate. When I ended up getting passed over for an internal candidate, I was sent a very nice email encouraging me to apply to the department again in the future, which I most definitely will do.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted one week after for a phone screen. Phone screen was about 30 minutes long with five participants asking a couple of questions each. The questions were easy but often phrased awkwardly and had to be broken up into smaller segments or repeated in order to be intelligable.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through a recuiter , 1 st round was with manager and next team members . Its more like get to know yourself type interview then technical. The team members are friendly and easy interview.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

A huge room with 10+ people interviewing me all at once it was very intimidating. No other interview process at all which was a bit odd. They didn't seem to be skilled interviewers just a bunch of managers..questions were all over the place

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard application requiring a CV and cover letter outlining research interests, alignment with post-doc and plan for post-doc year. Contacted two weeks after my application was submitted via email by the coordinator. Met with the co-directors of the program.

Interview Questions

• Met with the co-directors of the program. Asked standard questions about research plan for post-doc year, short- and long term plans and alignment with desired mentor.   Answer Question

User Interface Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan in December 2015.

Interview

Very structured and brusk - I felt rushed to answer the questions. Many people on the phone for the interview. Wasn't given a good sense of their environment before questions were asked of me. Few questions about my background and experience. I had prepared to discuss how my experience relates to the job, based on the job description.

Research Area Specialist Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

After a phone interview lasting 20 or 30 minutes, I was invited in for individual interviews with various team members over a few days based on their availability. Different members asked very different questions, but they were all really interesting to talk to, and I actually enjoyed the interview process a lot.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your last/current job, and what did you like least?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was a phone screening, i was asked about my skills and scripting language proficiency. It was a great conversation with the interviewer.