University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Applied a week ago and received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Residential Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Speak with Hall Directors maybe one or two and it's about 30 min long. Behavioral questions and situational to hear how you would handle situations. They also want to hear about your background to judge whether you'd be a good candidate and of course be ready to explain why you and interested in the position

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

One phone interview and that was it. Other students got to visit the campus, but I was in China. They apparently don't invite International students for a campus visit. I still got the offer later, though.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (New York, NY).

Interview

They brought people in. We talked about the program. There was food, we met current students. Everything was ok overall. I'm here now, so there's that too.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening with 2 people, next was an in-person interview with the same 2 people which was the Cheif administrator and executive interim secretary. After that about 3 days later they did a reference check. Same day scheduled a meet and greet with staff and director in the morning and then by the afternoon I got a call with a phone offer then an email with official offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with confidentiality?
      Tell me about a time where you had multiple projects? How were you able to meet deadlines?
      What type of support do you feel the Executive assistant should give the Chief Administrator?
      1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was really smooth and the advisors were extremely helpful in the entire process. They were straightforward with the business formal attire and made sure to answer any questions I had prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strengths and weakness?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple multi-panel interviews as well as one on ones with leadership. The interviews took place over a few weeks. They seemed to have a bad experience with a previous employee so the questions were geared toward how I would handle a situation where there was a financial discrepancies, gossipy co-workers, and dealing with mundane tasks. They would ask a few questions regarding my skills but most of it would revolve around specific behaviors. It was odd to have to answer to questions about situations that I had never really found myself in because I have a good work ethic or there are already checks and balances in place to prevent them. They also insisted on speaking to a current supervisor as a reference even though I had let them know it would compromise my current job.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short, most of the question are technical related to projects and lab techniques. Job description did not match the requirements she was asking for while interviewing, I did answered all of them. There is no reply after the interview for feedback even after several followup emails, which I felt was not professional.

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I performed mock interview on both computer and paper. Afterwards there are some behavioral questions. They also gave me more details regarding the project I would be working on if I got hired. The interviewers were very professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you cannot finish a project on time?   Answer Question

Research Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Phone interview first. Onsite Interview goes as arranged. got a schedule before interview , all procedure described . Friendly and open discussion of background and interest. Lab tour after interview. Campus is beautiful.