University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.6

343 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Director introduces the program and talked about future research interest. A relaxed style just asked about the experience and what kind of lifestyle you would like. As an international student, it was a skype meeting. It is more like a chat not a test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any specific professor you want to work with   Answer Question

Clinical Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Was cold called by the hiring manager; typically not an issue but it should have warned me of what was to come. I have done many interviews with many companies but never had one so unprofessional. Before the call was done, I actually asked to be removed from consideration for the position. Being a Michigan native, I have the greatest respect for the University and U of M healthcare but I don't think I would ever apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience will be helpful in this position.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a total of about 2.5 hours starting with lunch with director, then a tour of school, and 2 more interviews with other team members. You have to find your own way there.

Degree Audit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

They simply invited me to interview with them face-to-face. I thought I did very well in the interview, but I could never get an answer to two follow-up emails I sent after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They just ask questions directly related to the scope of the position. However, it will be different for every job you apply for knowing how decentralized they are.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

There is no interview for graduate student. We interview the university. Very young faculty makes it easier to publish which is the dream of every graduate student. Michigan helps us do that without problem.

Interview

I emailed the professor that I was interested in his research and was curious if there were any research positions available on the project. Got an email back asking me to come in for an interview.

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Professional, but easy going. Authentic and straight forward. Very well managed. Email, calls, and texts were easily understandable. Process was conducted efficiently. No what ifs? Or leading you on. Very informative also.

Interview Questions

• Goals, background, job related instances   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then a one on one interview with my potential manager, then a third round interview with a higher-up. Definitely seemed like a competitive process for an administrative assistant role, but I guess I get it, seeing as it is Michigan. I made it to the final round but was not offered the position.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I sent a cold call cover letter based on online research. Then I had multiple phone calls with people in the department and several months of email. Finally, I had an person interview, then a formal application process online and background check.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you pitch our programs to development professionals to bring major gifts to the department?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 interviews and met all the doctors, got to take a look around the hospital and see where everything is, sat in a conference room where the interview process took place.

Interview Questions

• what would i do in a situation that needed to be be fixed right away   1 Answer