University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Audiovisual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was seated in a small conference room with about 5 managers/supervisors where they asked me questions and wrote down the answers. After, I went on a tour of some of the facilities where I'd be working.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult interaction at another job?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Present your credentials and cv and there isn't a problem becoming a member of the faculty. I was very pleased with the interviewer. I am an alumni so that probably had a great deal to do with it as they tend to take care of their own. Go for it if you are an alumni.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Online submission, 30 minute phone screening interview, 60 minute in-person panel interview which included a tour of the building, one last 1:1 meeting with supervisor and then they asked for references.

Hotel Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with student manager and hotel manager. I was asked a series of questions regarding my part experience working at a front desk and working in customer service. The job was described in detail, and I was asked about my availability, as this job is part time for University of Michigan students. I was given a tour of the facility and introduced to the other staff members at the University of Michigan League.

Stewardship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I'd like to state that I did *not* get this interview as result of a referral.

I applied remotely, so it ended up being a Skype interview. I met with HR first. Asked a lot of typical questions ("Why U of M?" "Are you prepared to move right away?" "Strengths/weaknesses", etc.). The person I interviewed with seemed very interested in what I had to say and provided a lot of feedback. The interview immediately went into a second with the supervisor for the position I'd applied for. He asked a lot of the same questions, explained a lot about the position, etc. Overall, it was a really good experience. Both interviewers were personable and seemed genuinely interested in me as a candidate. When I ended up getting passed over for an internal candidate, I was sent a very nice email encouraging me to apply to the department again in the future, which I most definitely will do.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted one week after for a phone screen. Phone screen was about 30 minutes long with five participants asking a couple of questions each. The questions were easy but often phrased awkwardly and had to be broken up into smaller segments or repeated in order to be intelligable.

Transit Coach Operator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later in the summer. The application was very simple and not awful. The interview was also not awful, but he asked interesting questions. At the end of the day they want to see that you can keep a level head and think about the safety of passengers.

Interview Questions

• Give me your best and worst experience while riding the bus.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through a recuiter , 1 st round was with manager and next team members . Its more like get to know yourself type interview then technical. The team members are friendly and easy interview.

Athletic Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Group interview with questions about my experiences, group was very friendly and basically asked how I would handle a variety of scenarios. Everyone was incredibly friendly. I went through two rounds of interviews with the department.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The professors asked me some thing relevant to my research experiences. They proposed me a research project and ask me if I got interested in it. Then, I did some research abut the topic and decided to take the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Linear Parameter Varying system   Answer Question