University of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Dearborn, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

it went ok. i was called to attend the interview on afternoon. question were technical and asked mostly about my projects and the experience. not so stressful easy interview got the position it was good working.

Research Fellow Interview

Interview

Very positive, Friendly atmosphere and supportive attitude. Human Resource personnel were cooperative. Hiring process smooth. I moved from another state and I got help from my employer during relocation. Orientation process was well covered to help new personnel to know about the facilities offered by the University

Research Lab Specialist Intermediate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was two phone interviews in total. I was asked about my experience, future goals and willingness to work in an academic setting. I also asked to come to the lab and meet the people there before moving on to the next interview step. It helped me understand their research work better.

User Interface Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan in December 2015.

Interview

Very structured and brusk - I felt rushed to answer the questions. Many people on the phone for the interview. Wasn't given a good sense of their environment before questions were asked of me. Few questions about my background and experience. I had prepared to discuss how my experience relates to the job, based on the job description.

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted an internship application via online interest form/job board website. I was then contacted by the hiring manager for an in-person interview with her. The interview lasted roughly an hour and also included a tour of the facilities and introductions to other staff members the inter would be collaborating and working with. I was then offered internship position shortly after.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

The interview process was the following: (1) gave a 30 minute short talk about previous research experience; (2) met individually with several graduate students, postdocs and faculty; (3) had lunch with lab; (4) met with potential employer to discuss specifics about the research project.

Interview Questions

• What project do you want to work on?   1 Answer

Biochemistry Laboratory Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

One telephoning interview and another face to face interview. Here I was asked about recombinant DNA technology, proteins. I was also asked the number of epitope tags I knew about. Off course personal questions were asked.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Found out about the position through an online posting and contacted the relevant person with my resume. We made contact and set up a formal interview. A few days after that, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

I applied, they gave me an offer. I visited. I didn't get interviewed to get in at all.
    The visit weekend is very nice and seemingly lavish. They put you in a hotel from Thursday night all the way through Sunday morning. They pay for your flight for the visit. There's a lot of discovering the faculty during this time so that you can mull over or contact a faculty adviser before you enroll. Each department differs in their process of how grad students get assigned or chosen thesis advisers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

The interview includes phone call. It really depends on whom you are interviewing for. And it varies from professor to professor. I have had excellent experience. The phone call included talking to the advisor on the phone and describing the projects that you are currently involved and have done previously.