University of Michigan Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

2.6

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a total of about 2.5 hours starting with lunch with director, then a tour of school, and 2 more interviews with other team members. You have to find your own way there.

Degree Audit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

They simply invited me to interview with them face-to-face. I thought I did very well in the interview, but I could never get an answer to two follow-up emails I sent after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They just ask questions directly related to the scope of the position. However, it will be different for every job you apply for knowing how decentralized they are.   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Professional, but easy going. Authentic and straight forward. Very well managed. Email, calls, and texts were easily understandable. Process was conducted efficiently. No what ifs? Or leading you on. Very informative also.

Interview Questions

• Goals, background, job related instances   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then a one on one interview with my potential manager, then a third round interview with a higher-up. Definitely seemed like a competitive process for an administrative assistant role, but I guess I get it, seeing as it is Michigan. I made it to the final round but was not offered the position.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I sent a cold call cover letter based on online research. Then I had multiple phone calls with people in the department and several months of email. Finally, I had an person interview, then a formal application process online and background check.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you pitch our programs to development professionals to bring major gifts to the department?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 interviews and met all the doctors, got to take a look around the hospital and see where everything is, sat in a conference room where the interview process took place.

Interview Questions

• what would i do in a situation that needed to be be fixed right away   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

You apply online and await a call/email from the department you applied to. The timeline varies based on how quick the department is. For some positions, I didn't find out that I didn't get the job until two months after the job posting closed. Other positions called me before the position closed.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for an interview. It really depends on the department.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program and got matched with potential Principal Investigators. Emailed to set up interviews and got lab tours and met with staff and graduate students.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first called by an Admin Asst. to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was very nice for a few reasons, it allowed me to prepare for the phone interview, unlike a lot of places that just call you out of the blue. The other reason this was nice was because I was to be speaking directly with the hiring manager for a more thorough phone interview, as opposed to a recruiter. The phone interview was a lot of basic interview questions and I also asked a lot myself. After a few weeks I heard back and was reached out to by the admin asst. to schedule an in person interview. The in-person was over an hour and a half and I met with different team members as well as the hiring manager. I heard back the next day that I did not get the position. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were specific situational ones: How would you handle this specific situation. While the questions were totally appropriate, they are just hard to think of in an already nerve-racking situation.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I just met with the professor who needed help and discussed whether I could handle the work I would be doing. It was very informal and I was told I had the job within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with what I would be doing.   Answer Question