University of Michigan Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Michigan Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

The interview includes phone call. It really depends on whom you are interviewing for. And it varies from professor to professor. I have had excellent experience. The phone call included talking to the advisor on the phone and describing the projects that you are currently involved and have done previously.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. They asked me to attend the group meeting and present my research. Then they asked questions about my research. They also presented their own research and I was asking questions. They summarized the goals of the project and discussed the future steps.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

It was very pleasant and respectful. I felt very needed here, so I agreed to take the job. All questions were related to the job qualifications, nothing unusual. The travel arrangements were set up perfectly, no delays, very professional approach.

Negotiation

fast and reasonable

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

It was brief - primarily focusing on my future career plans and research projects that I was interested in. Since I was a student here, it was trivial to commence my tenure as a postdoc right after graduation.

Interview Questions

• My interest or purpose for pursuing a postdoctoral position.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

Contacted by email. Interview with all the graduate students, postdocs and research scientists in the group.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application to the professor I wanted to work for, the professor replied within a week and I was hired within 20 days of initial application. The process was pretty easy to go through and was pretty informal in nature. No real formalities. Pretty laid back. It was more about the science rather than other stuff.

Interview Questions

• Met all lab members, presented my graduate work and was offered the position in a few days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was better than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Oddly, I was hired with minimal interviewing. Many professors will not hire until they have met the prospective postdoc in person and had that person meet people in the lab. My professor offered jobs with minimal interviewing, apparently relying on other sources of information about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Essentially there were no questions. I was only asked about my interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't really a negotiation for postdocs.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2008.

Interview

it is slow. I should talk about the salary during the interview.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Interview

typical academic, question about previous research, and future plans

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview

telephone interview and face to face discussion. Experience, research work, future plan. Focus on the future proposal