University of Minnesota Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Minnesota Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.3

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Was lucky to have a connection for the position. I submitted by application and interviewed within the next 2 weeks and was notified of my hire within the next week. Quick turn-around.

Interview Questions

• How would you use what you've learned and apply it to this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Applied online through official website, talked to future advisor through Skype before coming. My advisor is quite easy-going and didn't have too many questions since I don't speak English as first language. I received offer within 3 months

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Applied to program and selected based on undergraduate academic record

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

First an application comparable to other graduate engineering programs. No further feedback until acceptance. Then prospective weekend (fun, boozy).

Interview Questions

• Resume-based questions from a few profs when most were courting you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonexistent.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Resume screening, personal statements, GPA, English test scores are necessary and evaluated. Took several weeks for them to decide. I took the offer after it arrives immediately. The department head reached out via email as well.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Saw the posting online, applied through umn portal. Emailed the prof mentioned in umn portal. Got a reply within a week, then a phone call was set up. The next week a meeting was set up and withing 4 days, they gave me the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Spoke to many research professors until one hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about a week later. There was nothing unexpected in the phone interview - they just clarified my skills and made sure that I was a good fit. I asked a lot of questions regarding what they expected of me and more specifics about the job. Soon after I learned that I'd gotten the position! Overall an easy process!

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. They just wanted to clarify my skills and make sure I was a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Casual, roundtable, me and three professors. They asked me what I was interested in and left it very open for me to talk about my interests. I went to talk to different labs and professors. They reviewed my GRE scores and college transcript. Because I took 2 years off between undergraduate school and graduate school we talked about this gap as well.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in studying?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Very comfortable and useful. Coordinate provide us lots of information and simple course introduction. All of us enjoyed it and the whole process is short and arrange well. After we get to college, all of them exactly same as they introduced In the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation