University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Minnesota

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, given Covid-19. Very short, pleasant. I asked if I had any questions that led into more discussion about the position. Seemed very flexible for another summer internship I had.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Applied Online. Then fairly quick received an email response for an interview. Once Interviewed. Waited a week, for them to make a decision. Had a follow up interview. Later received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the organization?   1 Answer

Finance Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Formal interview with 19 questions that checks your experience level. Some of them had sub questions. The questions were basic . Compliance monitoring and enforcement . obtaining info from a contact when they dont respond in a timely fashion

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

They accept you before the interview, so the interview process is more a benefit for you to choose a team to join. This is not a stressful interview, they put you at a hotel and take you to a chain brewery.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

There was an online application. Then if you were qualified you were asked back for an interview. The interview took place in-person, with just one person. The person was who your future supervisor will be. Really relaxed and stress-free environment. Fairly easy interview questions. I was offered the position within a week.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very quick. Couple of phone calls and an in person interview. Was quite informal for most of it. Mainly went based off of your application. Hiring depends upon the funding that they have available, so you may be a great candidate but they just don't have the funding right then.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2019.

Interview

Could not even find the building cause of the 9 different constructions going on and I had arrived almost 40 minutes early. If the whole front of your building is being replaced you might want to give the person interviewing a heads up so they are aware. The HR dept would not let me reschedule. Totally ridiculous and HR won't even communicate with you, sending you scripted responses. Don't you dare think for a second you were going to get inside the impenetrable fortress that is the U of MN!

Interview Questions

• Where is the building I am supposed to interview in??!?!!?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Standard process for academic interviews. It takes 2 days. One presentation, 10 - 15 one on one meetings. The good thing is that people are really nice in the whole interview process

Interview Questions

Interview

a phone interview. You presented your works. They asked questions in your presentation.
    Then they told you what they were doing. The main questions are about your research and related projects. Not so difficult because they did not ask detailed questions but the big picture.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Excellent interview process. Great team. Very personable. I was able to meet the team and everyone I would work with. Quick from interview to hire. Turned out to be everything I expected it to be. Great manager, staff team.