KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 286 of over 286 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

University of Minnesota

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview

Straight forward with the usual questions asked to become a student worker. Some questions on sanitization to gauge if you can keep food clean of contaminants and follow standard procedures.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in food service
    Answer Question

University of Minnesota

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview

The interview process as a whole was very professional and friendly from everyone who participated. Good questions and engagement and not too long. I was able to ask questions that were answered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about University of Minnesota

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

University of Minnesota

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in Jul 2022

Interview

After the application the recruiting lead asked me to respond to a few initial questions. A few days after I submitted my responses via email they responded saying that they would like to set up an interview, this took place over zoom with about 5 total people.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of something you accomplished at your last position that you were proud of

University of Minnesota

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in Jun 2022

Interview

First round of interviews was with two MS Statisticians in the working group and one faculty for about an hour. They asked standard behavioral questions and some light technical background questions (e.g. What pieces of information would be important to know to do a power analysis?). Got an offer three days later with no second interview needed.

Interview Questions
  • What pieces of information would be important to know to do a power analysis?
  • Tell us about your background in different statistics computing softwares.
  • What do you know about survival analysis?

University of Minnesota

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview

Overall, the people were very kind and polite. We had a lot of genuine conversations about my past experiences and how I could leverage those into the new role as a research assistant. The people were very easygoing and overall I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • What were some obstacles I encountered in previous employment opportunities and how did I work to overcome them?

University of Minnesota

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview

4 round of interview. First preliminary casual convo with hiring manager, then a formal interview with hiring manager, followed by meeting team members and finally meeting faculty members in the department.

Interview Questions
  • Q: tell me about your background etc Q: how will you be an expert and an asset to the faculty physicians.

University of Minnesota

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview

Many people on the interview for a less than minimum wage interview. Asked irrelevant questions. Did not specify details when I asked questions. Very chaotic experience. Took 2 weeks to get back to me and I had to follow up first to get a response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Minnesota

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2022

Interview

Two rounds of informal talks in 2 weeks, with the PI and team members. The interview went smoothly and the discussion focused on if the formal experience matched the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Minnesota

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2022

Interview

The interview process was two interviews. Both took about 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete. They were virtual interviews and took place over the course of approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your proudest achievement?

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

There was an initial interview with the director and a few other researchers. They respond very quickly. The second interview was a week after the first interview. However, they are only 40. minutes which made me feel rushed

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your qualitative research experience. Tell me about your quantitative research experience. What is your ideal relationship with your supervisor? Tell me about a research project where you took the lead? Tell me about a research project that was difficult to work withz
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 286 Interviews

University of Minnesota Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at University of Minnesota as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.44 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Student Worker and Graduate Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Research Associate and Research Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at University of Minnesota takes an average of 22 days when considering 285 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Junior Scientist had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Graduate Research Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 38 days).

Common stages of the interview process at University of Minnesota according to 285 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 26.96%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at University of Minnesota? Share Your Experiences

University of Minnesota Photos

+ Add Photo
University of Minnesota photo of: Welcome to the University of Minnesota.
University of Minnesota photo of: We are driven to discover.
University of Minnesota photo of: Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training.
University of Minnesota photo of: Goldy Gopher joins an outdoor qigong class at the Farmers Market on the Twin Cities campus.
University of Minnesota photo of: "I came to the University for the benefits, and I’m staying at the University for the benefits."—Dwayne Holmes, Delivery Service Driver
University of Minnesota photo of: "As the natural areas gardener, I’m diversifying what we plant and incorporating hardy native species into our landscaping."—Alex Wegryzn
University of Minnesota photo of: Crookston faculty teach in a close-knit community that is both big enough for students to grow, and small enough to care about each student.

Expert Career Advice