University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

188 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Marlborough, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview for 45 mins. Went good but wait time for the next round is long. The first round went good and it took almost 3 weeks for the same..

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the job description and how I would fit in   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

In-person, group interview. I was provided with a couple of technical questions that lacked context. The team seemed incredibly paranoid about discussing their environment. I don't know anyone that would take a job without knowing what the environment is like beforehand. Eventually I was able to figure out the job was just looking at logs all day, rather than developing and testing security solutions as claimed by the job description.

Almost all of their questions were stereotypical of an interview: "How do you work with others?", "How do you deal with conflict?", "Give me an example of a time when you X or Y." It reminded me of the interviews I would have back in high-school when working as a cashier, retail associate, etc.

Interview Questions

• <given a sheet of paper with some context-less data>
       "Tell me from a security perspective what is wrong with this?"   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The interview was simple just like any student worker interview would be. Especially for a position as easy and common sense full as this one. the manager was interested in learning about me as a person and not just as an employee

OpenVMS Systems Admn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview I had was an ambush. A room full of interviewers and me. I would have handled the interview better from my perspective by informing my host that it would not be my way of inviting a guest into my "home".

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that did NOT pertain to the job discription that were "out of taste".   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very hectic and was late to start. I felt like I did less talking than the interviewer and as it was only scheduled for a half hour, I left feeling like I knew very little about the position. I was disappointed that the hiring person never followed up as to the job progress even after I emailed more than once. I'm not even sure the position was ever filled.

4-H Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Initial interview with Youth Development Office on campus. Then with the county needed the position presented a 15 min PP on how to grow progam. Finally answered 12 questions from a panel of community and staff involved with local 4-H

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was going into the show ring not standing next to an adult handler as required?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by a person with terrible accent. Could not understand the questions he asked. I had to ask him to repeat the questions 4 times, then I just started guessing. Requested another phone interview. The group panel was OK. The questions asked could be found online.

Assistant Professor of History Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a campus interview that was preceded by an interview via Skype. In both I had to account for my current and future research interests, broader trends in the field in which I was situated, as well as classes I would teach at the undergraduate and graduate level.

Interview Questions

• What kind of classes could you envision teaching in the History department?   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I was brought to the office of my soon to be manager where her and another of my bosses asked me questions. I then was given a workplace tour and got to talk to different employees. They then brought me back to the office and basically said they would hire me and told me what paperwork I needed to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What else are you involved in on campus?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Professional - OIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The hiring process was very slow. It took them over two months to respond to my application. You need to look perfect on paper for them to even consider you. I thought my interview went very well, but wasn't offered the position.