University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in March 2015.

Interview

By far the most difficult and intimidating interview I have ever had. Panel of other office employees and hiring representative asked several very challenging questions without revealing much about the position. Very organized and very to the point. Committee also did not give away if the answers given were to their liking or not. Interview process with more than one interview.

Interview Questions

• What types of managers do you not work well with? When has your confidentiality been tested?   Answer Question

OpenVMS Systems Admn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview I had was an ambush. A room full of interviewers and me. I would have handled the interview better from my perspective by informing my host that it would not be my way of inviting a guest into my "home".

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that did NOT pertain to the job discription that were "out of taste".   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long at least 3 months with 3 phases ( 1 survey, 2 face to face) and another face to face with the VP of IT. applied for the job then got a competency survey and after was called for 1 round of interview and 2nd round and then after meeting with the IT VP

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have to convey technical information to a non-technical audience   Answer Question

Extension Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (West Saint Paul, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Recieved a phone call for a time to interview. Interviewed in front of 7 people and had to do a 10 minute presentation. There were University of MN staff and local county commissioners.

Interview Questions

• What populations are high needs for financial education?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

The person who called me for the interview did not state the job title. This was confusing for me because I had applied for several positions. When I called back to ask, she gave a job title for a position I had never applied to. It was difficult for me to prepare for the interview without seeing a job description.

Interview Questions

• How would your current experience help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

They were very accommodating. The questions were thorough but fair. It was the longest interview I have had to do, but it helped me get a feel for the kind of work I would be doing in that position.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Urbana, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Required to give a presentation and meeting the faculty. Meeting with the administrative unit for one day. The presentation included one hour talk and the questions by the attendees. The goal is to discuss what the person will do is offered the job.

Interview Questions

• what I plan to teach? What research topic I will be working on?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

This was for the position to be the division administrator for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Applied online and got an interview. It was a panel interview with HR, current GI physician, two different administrators and the interview only lasted about an hour or so. I was told there are three rounds total. Second round is with more people and final round is with the department head. I didn't get invited to move forward. My experience is only with first round of interviews. The questions were all situation based. More on team building and very high emphasis on problem solving. All types of problems: people, technology, grant etc. be prepare to come in with examples of how you solve problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your grant experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult boss   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to mediate with direct reports (i.e. they were not getting a long)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you owned and accomplished well   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you implemented a system or process at a previous workplace.   Answer Question

Department Administrator (Assistant to) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter directly to the department head late in the process. Was asked to a panel interview of 6 people--department head was not one of them. Learned from the HR person that it was more or less a courtesy interview because one of the people on the panel knew me and vouched for me. It was a regretful performance on my part.