University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

I applied online and got the offer online and also through mail.
    Requirements for applicants can be found in each department admission office.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the requirements for graduate applications were normal.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Long interview to meet the members of the lab and tour the facility lasting around 2 hours. Able to see many hands on activities to gauge reaction and interest. Important to work well with the team and ask questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Saw the posting online, applied through umn portal. Emailed the prof mentioned in umn portal. Got a reply within a week, then a phone call was set up. The next week a meeting was set up and withing 4 days, they gave me the offer.

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

Online application, followed by in-person interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Simply fill out a form of your preference for application. Soon or later when positions are available, you will be contacted and asked if you are still interested in being a TA. The position of which course is highly based on your course grade.

Interview Questions

• What is a transistor and how it works? (for semiconductor course)   Answer Question

Interview

First an application comparable to other graduate engineering programs. No further feedback until acceptance. Then prospective weekend (fun, boozy).

Interview Questions

• Resume-based questions from a few profs when most were courting you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonexistent.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Met with the Graduate Program Director. Asked questions on motivation behind pursuing graduate studies.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Applied to program and selected based on undergraduate academic record

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview

Interview

University Student Job Posting

Interview Questions

Interview

Hiring process was quick and easy. Be sure to show up on time, but not too early (10 minutes prior). Be prepared for any question asked, and in return be ready to ask a few of your own questions. Be engaged in the interview, show your interest in the company. Most importantly be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you and a co-worker had a disagreement. How did it end?   1 Answer