University of Minnesota Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Minnesota Medical Center

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

The lab managers were interviewing for the position were fair and friendly. I interviewed first over the phone with HR, than a 1:1 with the manger for the West Bank lab, followed by a group interview with the manager of the West and East bank lab.

Molecular Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Receive a call from HR l to schedule an interview with Lab Manager
    Do the 1st interview, walk around the labs and meet employee and be familiar with types of works and devices used in lab.
    Call from HR to check with your references. if you pass that, then will
    Receive call from HR to schedule 2nd interviews with technologist, lead, and manager
     waiting to hear hiring decisions

Interview Questions

• 1- background
      2-each lab processing techniques
      3- Ethics situations
      4-Family and school responsibility
      5-Your relationship to co-workers, handling pressure environment and close-work place
      6-willing to advance yourself, your future plan long and short terms   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Standard application and interview. Hiring manager was preoccupied and was not engaged in the interview. She asked very general questions and did not wait for answers. It was apparent from the moment the interview began she did not want to continue with the interview.

Interview Questions

• What medical experience do you have?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center.

Interview

Less than a week after I applied, I was emailed and invited to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, was conversational, and I was shown around the office. They let me know that I had not received the offer less than a week later. I appreciated their clear and quick communication.

Family Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with immediate supervisor followed by 2 in person interviews. One with the department head and the second with the immediate supervisor.

Nutrition Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Asked primarily behavioral questions. It involved a call on the phone with some basic questions, and then I came in for an interview and the manager showed me around.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?
      How do you respond to stress?   Answer Question

Nursing Station Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview. Got asked to have a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Afterwards took a tour of the unit I would be working in.
    Made sure I prepped for the interview and read about the hospital before hand.

Anatomical Pathology Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Short interview held with both laboratory managers. Very informal interview process that talked about the position and what would be expected of me if I get hired and then required to explain how this would be beneficial to me and why I was interested in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota Medical Center.

Interview

They will ask you the typical basic interview questions. First they will call you to set up an appointment. On the day of the appointment, be prepared for at least 2 interviewers. They will then call if you got the job to offer you a hourly salary.