University of Minnesota Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

2.4

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

In-person, group interview. I was provided with a couple of technical questions that lacked context. The team seemed incredibly paranoid about discussing their environment. I don't know anyone that would take a job without knowing what the environment is like beforehand. Eventually I was able to figure out the job was just looking at logs all day, rather than developing and testing security solutions as claimed by the job description.

Almost all of their questions were stereotypical of an interview: "How do you work with others?", "How do you deal with conflict?", "Give me an example of a time when you X or Y." It reminded me of the interviews I would have back in high-school when working as a cashier, retail associate, etc.

Interview Questions

• <given a sheet of paper with some context-less data>
       "Tell me from a security perspective what is wrong with this?"   1 Answer

OpenVMS Systems Admn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview I had was an ambush. A room full of interviewers and me. I would have handled the interview better from my perspective by informing my host that it would not be my way of inviting a guest into my "home".

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that did NOT pertain to the job discription that were "out of taste".   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very hectic and was late to start. I felt like I did less talking than the interviewer and as it was only scheduled for a half hour, I left feeling like I knew very little about the position. I was disappointed that the hiring person never followed up as to the job progress even after I emailed more than once. I'm not even sure the position was ever filled.

4-H Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Initial interview with Youth Development Office on campus. Then with the county needed the position presented a 15 min PP on how to grow progam. Finally answered 12 questions from a panel of community and staff involved with local 4-H

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was going into the show ring not standing next to an adult handler as required?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by a person with terrible accent. Could not understand the questions he asked. I had to ask him to repeat the questions 4 times, then I just started guessing. Requested another phone interview. The group panel was OK. The questions asked could be found online.

Assistant Professor of History Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a campus interview that was preceded by an interview via Skype. In both I had to account for my current and future research interests, broader trends in the field in which I was situated, as well as classes I would teach at the undergraduate and graduate level.

Interview Questions

• What kind of classes could you envision teaching in the History department?   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I was brought to the office of my soon to be manager where her and another of my bosses asked me questions. I then was given a workplace tour and got to talk to different employees. They then brought me back to the office and basically said they would hire me and told me what paperwork I needed to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What else are you involved in on campus?   1 Answer

Academic Technology Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The HR recruiter arranged a panel interview with about 8 people who worked in the technology department. The recruiter was personable and helpful, but the team manger was a condescending a-hole during the interview who cut me off mid-sentence repeatedly to challenge my credentials. It was so bad I withdrew my application after it was over. I had a much more welcoming interview with another department at the university.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you've had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minn City, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially lasting for 15 minutes. Then was called in for an in-person interview which lasted for 30 minutes. Took about 2 weeks to hear back from them with a job offer.

Student Athlete Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an interview within a few days, if you can show you are responsible, respectful and knowledgeable of college level academic topics you should get a call back. Although when I applied they had specifically sent out emails saying they needed tutors.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain a fake homework question as if the interviewer was a student.   1 Answer