University of Minnesota Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Minnesota Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The interview process was a series of Skype interviews as a was in a different country and the PI did not want to pay for travel. Presentations were of work/previous projects - the usual.
Then what the project could look like in this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Few letters of recommendations from former mentors qualified me for this position as they were acquaintances with the PI. It took 2 weeks after initial contacts to receive an offer and paperwork from the HR.

Negotiation

No negotiation regarding the salary-benefits and insurance

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

I responded to an online job advertisement, which asked for a cover letter, CV, and three references. I was then asked to have an interview over skype since I was on a different continent. I had the interview and several weeks later was offered the job via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume and research summary to the contact info by email and since my qualifications are very closely matched to the job qualifications, I got an email from the professor asking some questions about my time line, general questions about my previous experiences, etc and what would be a good time for me to visit the campus and interview.

They asked me to buy the plane ticket and I got instructions on accommodations and the schedule for the day of the interview.

The day before the interview, the professor came to the hotel and took me to dinner. We chatted mostly about the potential project and about the city.

The day of the interview, I presented my work in front of the research group. They asked questions related to the talk. Then it was one-on-one talk with the Prof followed by lunch. Then I got a tour of the facilities by the staff and a tour of the lab by the students. It takes awhile to go from building to building since the U is big. At the end of the day, I met the Prof again in her office, and basically was told that I will be offered the job, but no specifics. A week later, I got the offer and since I like the research facilities, I took the job.

Interview Questions

• A grad student asked me for some suggestions for her current project.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2009.

Interview

It's a good conversation with my boss. I fit the position very well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.