University of Minnesota Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Minnesota Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

They were very accommodating. The questions were thorough but fair. It was the longest interview I have had to do, but it helped me get a feel for the kind of work I would be doing in that position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Applied through online system. Got an phone interview in 1 month. the phone talk is within 10 mins. Mainly about my previous research experience. The interviewer is pretty nice, no tricky questions, pretty informal talk. I think that the phone interview is mainly about testing my communication skills.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Thorough, thoughtful, respectful, friendly and to the point. I interviewed with my direct supervisor initially, and then with two other program directors to determine if we were a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

No such interview process in general. Applied to the university for various positions available and was able to work with a faculty who offered a Research position. The interview was 1 on 1 and the professor asked questions about your previous experience and background.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the research that we are doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

I initially applied through the UMN employment site, which allows you to directly upload all your documents (CV, cover letter, etc.). Within several days I was emailed to set up an interview time. Several days later I had my interview on site and was then given a tour of our building. Within a week I was called with notification that I was given the position! Email communication was always very prompt.

Interview Questions

• As I was working in a department within the medical school, many questions involved patient privacy within clinical trials, familiarities with HIPPA guidelines, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

Meet and talk with the Professor and the group members. Waited for 2 months for the response. I was able to join because one of the group members decided to leave. The wait is usually not this long, though. Usually people get hired early in the semester (September).

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

one officer from UROP and one professor asked my background and specialties. Start from my courses and then the research that I had done before. They prefer programming on Labview, Arduino and Matlab to do signal processing and autoprocessing programming. Also they asked your work experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you use Matlab and Labview before   1 Answer
    • How well do you know them?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by them via e-mail asking to apply, I did so and was accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

Interview

I applied online and got the offer online and also through mail.
    Requirements for applicants can be found in each department admission office.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the requirements for graduate applications were normal.   Answer Question