University of Mississippi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.4

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

Informal. I simply spoke to chairman. He simply wanted to know my abilities. I told him I taught in the past. I simply had to be patient. I didn't know that I would be teaching until the very end. Overall the process was very smooth. He recommended the textbook that I used.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview

I called Earnie Harrison, who is the head of the Technological Services Department, after seeing the post on the Student Employment section on Ole Miss' website. I had an interview two hours after that conversation. Once I went in, Earnie asked me if I was familiar with computer hardware and if I had a driver's license. Next question was when can you start.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a drivers license?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with computers and other hardware like printers, fax machines, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I received an email requesting a telephone interview. This was my first interview, so I had no idea what questions to expect. I was not prepared to answer some of their questions and kind of panicked. It was definitely a learning experience and now I know how to answer these questions for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with difficult circumstances.   Answer Question

Sports Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maysville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Maysville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met my boss on Twitter back in 2015 when I was looking for a job while I was living in Kentucky. I told her my situation and I sent her my resume. From there, I had the job coming back home.

Interview Questions

• How passionate are you about sports journalism?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and then moved on to phone interview which was followed by in person. I was not looking for a position but they needed someone who had management experience for a department facing many personnel issues. The process was not difficult but in the end it was not the right career move for me.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult at all. You should answer the questions honestly and specifically. Dress appropriately with just enough personality to show but not too flashy. Speak clearly and articulate in a loud enough voice.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

Skype interview with two members of faculty who questioned me regarding my motivation and career goals. It was a pretty laid back process. Nothing too serious.Although i was a bit tense, the interviewing professors were extremely helpful in making me feel relax. That is generally the ole miss attitude. Friendliness, Genial and kind folks

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in September 2014.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled at the last minute, but didn't cause me to be too nervous. It was a Pretty intense interview. A lot of application questions were asked, but overall I really enjoyed the process and didn't think it was too challenging.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your weaknesses at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Intramural Spors Club Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in August 2014.

Interview

The first step was going to the Ole Miss Campus Recreation Job Fair.
    The second step was submitting in person your cover letter and resume
    The third step was having a group interview of about 8 students to 2 interviewers.

Assistant Media Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS) in August 2014.

Interview

They called me, we set up a time around my work schedule. Wore a suit. They showed me around the athletic building and specifically the department that I would be working in. We talked for about 30 minutes and they said to expect an answer in the next 3 days.