University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

20 minutes. Supervisor and manager present. Basic interview questions about 7. Questions about insurance Back ground, schedule, past employment history. Great interview professional and to the point.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center in January 2015.

Interview

Panel met with me and asked questions. We discussed my future goals. They introduced me to the unit and then told me what they expect in an employee. It was surprisingly laid back and comfortable

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The DON, charge nurses and educator were all in the interview. They spoke so highly of this place and the OR. Great and helpful people to work around.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason I was leaving my current job?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job on UMC's online job center. I got a call back pretty soon for a 1:1 interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. She asked "Why do you want this job?" and "Tell me a little about yourself." I informed her that initially I could learn the basics in any dept, but that my long term goal was to eventually transfer to the neuro dept of case management because that is where I was currently working and felt I could be more of an asset to the team. She then went through what a typical day would be like and job requirements. She then asked if I was good with computers and turned the computer around and showed me some of the programs I would be using for the job. I left the interview feeling very confident and upbeat. I wrote a thank-you letter as a follow-up and since I already work at UMC in another dept I wanted to hand deliver my thank-you letter. I was walking with one of my coworkers and on the way we ran into the manager of the case management dept. She and my coworker turned out to be good friends. My friend introduced me to the manager and the manager knew who I was (I'm guessing the interviewer told her about me) I left them to talk while I dropped off my letter to the interviewer's office. I thanked her again for her time and handed her my letter. After meeting up with my coworker, she told me that the manager asked if I would be good hire, and my coworker (who has become a close and dear friend of mine) informed her that I would be great. But I never got a call back. About 3 months later I got an email saying they had decided to go with someone else. My final thoughts are: that UMC hired a financial company to restructure our company to focus on financial gain, and they combined what used to be 3 positions into 1 and labeled it "Case Manager" This in turn upset most of the case managers and the case management department had a mass exodus. I thought this would be a good time to get in with the department felt a strong desire to bring up morale and learn as much as I could and expand my knowledge base. But then even more people in the dept resigned including the person who interviewed me. Then I felt as though even if I would have gotten the job, so many people quit that there was no one there to train me to be the best I could be. ( Wonderful people who have been case managers for 20 years or more resigned.) I even talked to a new case manager and she told me that so many people quit that she just got "thrown out there and had to figure it out." I also feel like the manager of the case management dept worked closely with my nurse manager and did not want to steal one of her employees, and keep a good working relationship between departments. Finally, I feel that they were looking for an external person to come in rather than hire within UMC's already stretched short nursing staff.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was painless. Everyone I spoke with and interviewed with was polite and nice. The benefits package was amazing and the pay was more than fair for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict that you have overcome and how.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in February 2012.

Interview

Applying for a job here is a breeze. Actually getting a call back and an interview is like pulling teeth. The applicant pool is very large for one job and can be frustrating. It seems like unlimited applications for one position

Interview Questions

• The usual: what are your strength, weaknesses, how will you contribute to the facility, what are your future plans....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online for an Administrative Assistant position, I received a response stating that I met the minimum education/experience requirements. I had to take an employment (typing) test to be considered for the job. But the test was extremely outdated and unfair. The equipment was beyond outdated, and the test itself wasn't timed properly. It's virtually impossible for anyone to pass their employment test. I think the entire process needs to be re-evaluated. I guess that's why even internals didn't even qualify for the job because a test that should be so simple is made so difficult by outdated equipment and computer programs.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions because it's very difficult to actually get an interview for the Administrative/Office positions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview with manager and head of department

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center.

Interview

Went around and talked to the different professors about my interests and their research. About 10 minutes per faculty member, get to have lunch with the grad students. Not bad or overly stressful. If you got to the interview part there's not a lot to worry about. Be frank with your desire to attend.

Interview Questions

• What areas of research are you interested in? What do you want your Ph.D. for?   Answer Question

Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with the manager over the department and he sat me down. We went over the expectations and what the job entailed. I was told specifically what to expect to be doing and how to do it. He told me the hours expected and the pay rate. It was extremely straight forward and he was a nice person and would do again.