University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions in Mississippi | Glassdoor

University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions in Mississippi

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Education Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

First off the job description for this position was very brief. I went through three rounds of interviews. First a phone interview, then meeting three people in the department, and then another interview meeting additional people. Then they asked for references. After all of that it was radio silence for about two weeks. I emailed to follow up and they said they had not decided. Finally received an email about a week later that was a rejection. I asked for feedback on what I need to work on to better myself and never received a response. They offered me no explanation of why I was not offered the job just they could not offer it to me. Unprofessional in my opinion especially since this process took two months and I had to take 2 half days off of work at my current job to come interview.

Interview Questions

• Just a basic overview of my background, work experience, could I handle the job. Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with direct supervisor/manager. Tour of the pharmacy facility and different areas inside the pharmacy. The supervisor told me a little about the hospital. Meet the staff .

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

One interview and it was pretty straightforward, normal interview. We discussed the employee benefits as well. The interview lasted for about fifteen minutes max. I was called three days later to let me know I was offered the position.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The DON, charge nurses and educator were all in the interview. They spoke so highly of this place and the OR. Great and helpful people to work around.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason I was leaving my current job?   1 Answer

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I joined UMMC through a temp agency. It was smooth sailing to transition from temp to permanent. No lengthy interview process required since I was already doing the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• You looking forward to working for us permanently? (Temp transition)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly short and simple; the interview itself took about 20 minutes. I met with a recruiter in HR and was walked around the hospital and shown to the department. I was interviewed by the two shift supervisors and the unit educator, who made the interview as much of conversation as they could, as opposed to just rapid firing questions at me.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in September 2014.

Interview

Referred by a recruiter. Spoke on the phone with Department Chairperson and Division Head. Spelled out a great plan. Came to visit and meet the staff . Agreed on salary. Simple

RN PRN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was quick and to the point. I was not nervous about the interview because I already knew someone who was employed on the floor I wanted to work on. They had already spoken with the nurse manager about me, so I knew what to expect. The nurse manager was friendly and very professional.

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewee invited me in for a seat. She introduced herself and I introduced myself. She asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and I did. She was very professional and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      How can you be a great asset to our company?
      Do you have adequate transportation?   1 Answer

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a great interview. Basic interview questions were asked . I was made comfortable by talking about some other things during the interview. Met with two of the managers and was given a tour of the department. Everyone seemed nice and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have?   1 Answer