University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions in Mississippi | Glassdoor

University of Mississippi Medical Center Interview Questions in Mississippi

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I joined UMMC through a temp agency. It was smooth sailing to transition from temp to permanent. No lengthy interview process required since I was already doing the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• You looking forward to working for us permanently? (Temp transition)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly short and simple; the interview itself took about 20 minutes. I met with a recruiter in HR and was walked around the hospital and shown to the department. I was interviewed by the two shift supervisors and the unit educator, who made the interview as much of conversation as they could, as opposed to just rapid firing questions at me.

RN PRN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was quick and to the point. I was not nervous about the interview because I already knew someone who was employed on the floor I wanted to work on. They had already spoken with the nurse manager about me, so I knew what to expect. The nurse manager was friendly and very professional.

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewee invited me in for a seat. She introduced herself and I introduced myself. She asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and I did. She was very professional and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      How can you be a great asset to our company?
      Do you have adequate transportation?
      1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application, received call about the job, met with hiring manager, met with group, received a tentative offer letter and accepted. Went in to be finger printed and after that the background check went fast, I was informed within a few days that the offer was finalized. Went well, no surprises.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history, why are you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Researcher II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2012.

Interview

I first heard about this position through a friend that works in the lab in the psychiatry department. She urged me to apply to the online position. I applied through the company website and got an in person interview. They interviewed others but at the end of the day, I got the offer to work during the summers to increase understanding of the enzyme pathways in people with alcoholism.

Interview Questions

• -What do you know about this line of research?
      -What is your degree in?
      -What have you done during your undergraduate studies that can be of an asset to this research?
      -Are you comfortable working with animals?
      -Can you occasionally work nights and weekends?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in February 2012.

Interview

Applying for a job here is a breeze. Actually getting a call back and an interview is like pulling teeth. The applicant pool is very large for one job and can be frustrating. It seems like unlimited applications for one position

Interview Questions

• The usual: what are your strength, weaknesses, how will you contribute to the facility, what are your future plans....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Assistant Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in September 2011.

Interview

I went in as a temp the director took me in a room and asked me a few questions. She told me what she expected of me and really told me how important she was and her managers were.. She asked me if I took minutes and I told her that I did not and then later on while I was working she asked me to start taking minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online for an Administrative Assistant position, I received a response stating that I met the minimum education/experience requirements. I had to take an employment (typing) test to be considered for the job. But the test was extremely outdated and unfair. The equipment was beyond outdated, and the test itself wasn't timed properly. It's virtually impossible for anyone to pass their employment test. I think the entire process needs to be re-evaluated. I guess that's why even internals didn't even qualify for the job because a test that should be so simple is made so difficult by outdated equipment and computer programs.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions because it's very difficult to actually get an interview for the Administrative/Office positions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview with manager and head of department