University of Mississippi Regional Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Mississippi Regional Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Mississippi.

Interview

I received a call asking me to interview for this position. The interview involved a one on one meeting with the director, with the Assistant Vice Chancellor, and then a group interview. Questions are very typical, asking you to sell the school, etc: all things you would expect from someone who is recruiting. No questions about your resume really. It's like they all have a script and go around the room alternating. Hiring process was somewhat unprofessional, due to a lack of strong communication between the department and HR. Should have tipped me off to the office culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unprofessional-- all over TEXT MESSAGE. Eeek.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Mississippi

Regional Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Mississippi (University, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the HR website and received a phone call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview process was 3 parts: a 4 person panel, one on one with the Director, and one on one with a Vice Chancellor. The panel part was all situational questions; what would you do if a student/parent asked/told you this? There was a script that they stuck to, bouncing around the room each asking different questions. They only asked one general question about what experience I had that I felt qualified me for the position. The one on one with the Director was more for me to ask specific questions about the position and the one on one with the Vice Chancellor is her stressing the importance of always acting professional in the position.

Interview Questions

• 1.You are at a college fair and a parent who is an alum comes up to you. He is mad that Col. Reb is no longer the mascot and says he refuses to allow his children to attend Ole Miss until the Col. is back on the field. What do you say?
      2. What do you tell a prospective student who wants to major in something Ole Miss does not offer?
      3. What's more important, style or substance?   Answer Question