University of Missouri Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Missouri Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Overall the interview went well.Group interview with basic interview questions. Nice interviewers with quite location for interview. Questions: introduce yourself, major, year of study, advisor's name, etc
What are your strengths,
What are your previous research experience.
What do you know about our department.
What did you learn from your mistakes.
What courses have you taken

Interview Questions

• such as, what is your biggest obstacle you have encountered, how do you deal with them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Missouri

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Graduate Research Assistant interview was good and challenging, lots of tough questions about past work, like, have you ever been fired? why do you want to to be a Graduate Research Assistant, do you have experience as a Graduate Research Assistant and things of that nature. I liked the people who interviewed me, they were really friendly.

Interview Questions

• do you have experience as a Graduate Research Assistant   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

It varies by different professors. The professor gave me a test problem and I needed to go through a paper and write program to solve it. It was not a hard one, you can choose any programming language to write the program. After you successfully demonstrate your idea, you can start working in the lab if he agrees.

Interview Questions

• Go through a paper and solve the related problem and write a program.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions

• Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Visit the University website to find out more about Graduate Degree Program Application Instructions. Your program of interest sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required application materials beyond what the Graduate School must receive. Extra materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or a resume.

Interview Questions

• The Graduate School requires official TOEFL or IELTS scores, sent directly from the testing service provider, for all applicants who come from areas where English is not the primary language. Learn more about the proficiency test requirement and proof-of-funding documents, and check your eligibility on our International Applicants page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Very good systematic and friendly approach to hiring. Started from basic to in-depth knowledge testing. It is an experience of life time. Integrated questions from various subjects. ultimately it went well. Very patient interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.