University of Missouri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

You go through group training first, which is basically a test to see how sociable you can be. My advice is to just be friendly and outgoing during the meetings, they're easy enough to get through.

Afterwards, you interview with specific Hall Coordinators, This is a standard process, but most HCs will only hire candidates they have interviewed personally, so pick your hall carefully.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to balance ResHall life and teaching a FIG for the students who live around you?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

I was sat down in a room with the Laboratory manager and the two post doctorate scientists the position would be working under. I was asked about my understanding and experience of general lab practices and techniques, and was then given a tour of the entire lab.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the lab techniques that you have experience performing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by panel interview and often there is a 3rd interview with the department head and hiring manager. Interview process takes an average of 2-3 months. Panel interviewers have a set of 9 questions to ask each candidate - you may do well to expand upon each of the questions to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked to describe in 'metrics' your success in previous positions held.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this entry level position. 1 year long competitive nonprofit fundraising residency program start-finish. They do offer flex-scheduling and overtime compensation.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I hade three interviews. The first one was a phone interview where they asked me to talk about my experiences. The second one was a in person interview with my supervisor and she asked me behavioral question. The third was the final one with the Dean and he asked how I and students will benefit from hiring me.

Interview Questions

• If a student came in and said they wanted to drop out of school, how would you address the situation.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

What skills you have?
    Cashier experiences

Office Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was a little bizarre - initial interview was 2-hours with various management members - second interview included direct reports....that seemed bizarre. pretty involved for a lower / middle management job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral based questions - describe a time when...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Single day interview. It was a very relaxed process, very nice people. Interviewed at the company, received an offer the next day. I do not need thirty words to describe the hiring and interview process, this is useless.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous internships, Strengths and weaknesses ect.   Answer Question

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO).

Interview

There were two managers from the IT department that went over my resume and then asked me about some questions that helped them decide what task I would do best at.

Interview Questions

• How you feel about talking to customers over the phone?   1 Answer

Interview

relax, and make sure you tell them your past job experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you'll need to fill out some paper works.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Talk to professor in person.
    Submit Letter of Interest to explain why you want to apply for this role.
    You must be really good in the professor's class to be considered as a candidate.