University of Missouri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.3

Director Affirmative Action Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Kansas City, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview covered from 7am to 7pm, including a luncheon interview. During the 12 hours the interviews were in one hour increments that included a minimum of 30 faculty and 30 staff from all schools/ departments of the university and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Affirmative Action, the Chancellor of the University of Missouri- Kansas City.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience designing/implementing Affirmative Action Plans in conformance with OFCCP   1 Answer

Negotiation

starting salary

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Slow response time. They have positions open and take 1-6 months before they even start screening for candidates. They usually look for professionals that are working in the area that they know personally. Everything of course is department and college based.

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri in September 2011.

Interview

Initial description of position in the interviews was very different than what the job and the co-worker situation actually turned out to be. After making an expensive and difficult move across the country for the job, I discovered in the first month the expectations were a moving target and unrealistic and that supervisors had no idea how to evaluate my type of work (research for businesses).

Interview Questions

• incompetent supervisors, vitriolic gatekeepers perpetuating groupthink among the management team, complete lack of trust and any real collaboration. Much like junior high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

odd and hard to interpret. discovered later they had tried to hire someone else but couldn't agree on salary.

Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

1. Email me to describe the position and effective day.
    2. After my response, a phone interview has been arranged.
    3. During the phone interview, several basic question has been asked like the background, paper, personal interest, why choose the current location and the goal university
    4. A presentation has been given to test the research skill.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Need to take speak test and get a score from scale of 1-4 and our department will review the score and based on that they will assign TA to different subjects in the department.

Office Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was a little bizarre - initial interview was 2-hours with various management members - second interview included direct reports....that seemed bizarre. pretty involved for a lower / middle management job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral based questions - describe a time when...   Answer Question

Research Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at University of Missouri (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process, interviewer was very informative and I was given great feed back to how to excel in future interviews. Basic behavioral questions so make sure you study up

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

I was invited to interview in the first round of interviews, as such there were 8 questions more focused on getting to know you and your ability to work, not job specific questions.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

It was easy. Great people and friendly atmosphere. Would love to work there in the future. It was a quick interview and very straightforward. Great culture. Great peoples. They have a lot of offer. Very exciting.

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview as well as a one on one interview with the director. It was people from the university who had previously done the position and were in the same field. I t was not intimidating and they asked me questions about my passions and goals and even fears. it was a great time full of laughs and it inspired me.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about the current status of education?   1 Answer