University of Missouri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

To be honest, interviews at MU vary so wildly by department that there's no way any review is going to be helpful. For getting an interview, however, be sure you figure out who the hiring manager is and reach out to him or her *after* you have submitted your application. Managers are not allowed to reviewed emailed materials, but they can read your email that you've replied and are especially hopeful for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Current list of books I'm reading.   1 Answer

Office Support Staff II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I initially applied online (with a resume and cover letter). And eventually, I was called in for an interview at the office (by 2 interviewers). Only a week or two passed, between the time I applied and the day I was called. This experience differs sharply from my experiences applying for other jobs at The University of Missouri (frequently, I was not contacted at all after submitting an application).

Interview Questions

• Describe your organizational practices in an office environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked whether the manager could offer more than $12.00/hour, and she replied that she could not.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Just normal process. Applied through reference. Sent me an email regarding placing an interview. Called me in office. 1 question .Tell me about yourself. That's it. Just after that started explaining about roles and benefits. Asked me to mark available time. That's all

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

First exchanged a few emails, interviews had to be rescheduled because people were out sick. I went into the office on the day of my interview. It was all very informal and laid back. I was asked a few questions, then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working weekends?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Submitted application online. Invited in for face-to-face. Manager was very reasonable and friendly. Since my main duties would be receptionist and customer service in person, on the phone, and via email, then I made a point to demonstrate that I was friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to demonstrate some Excel skills rather than just say that I knew Excel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Desk Attendant Interview

Interview

Apply online when applications are posted (You will see posters around residence hall when you can apply) After you dil out your application you will be emailed to sign up for an interview. One, 30 minute interview with a student staff supervisor. Nothing too stressful, most questions asked were related to customer service. Entire process took about 3-4 weeks to hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone you don't like, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO).

Interview

There were two managers from the IT department that went over my resume and then asked me about some questions that helped them decide what task I would do best at.

Interview Questions

• How you feel about talking to customers over the phone?   1 Answer

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Slow response time. They have positions open and take 1-6 months before they even start screening for candidates. They usually look for professionals that are working in the area that they know personally. Everything of course is department and college based.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an straightforward Skype conversation. We discussed my skills and how they would fit into the project my boss was interested in pursuing. We talked for one hour, discussing possible strategies and approaches we would take if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What type of genomic data would you rather have for this project?   1 Answer

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Was very quick, applied, took an online assessment, received a call form HR, a couple days later interviewed w/ manger, hired on the spot, the interview was not difficult for me.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle working under pressure and conflict?   1 Answer