University of Missouri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Rolla, MO).

Interview

There were two managers from the IT department that went over my resume and then asked me about some questions that helped them decide what task I would do best at.

Interview Questions

• How you feel about talking to customers over the phone?   1 Answer

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Slow response time. They have positions open and take 1-6 months before they even start screening for candidates. They usually look for professionals that are working in the area that they know personally. Everything of course is department and college based.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an straightforward Skype conversation. We discussed my skills and how they would fit into the project my boss was interested in pursuing. We talked for one hour, discussing possible strategies and approaches we would take if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What type of genomic data would you rather have for this project?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Was Interviewed on phone for about 15 minutes. The hiring manager asked a series of questions. There was a rapid fire round to check how quickly I respond. The overall interview process was good and not much stressful

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Was mostly behavioral questions. I thought it was going to have more technical, but only asked my experience instead of going into a lot of detail. It was very casual and it was a pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were put in a conflict and how your responded.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview

Very brief. They were mainly asking about interests and career goals. All you really have to do is be aware of your goals and be able to communicate them to your professor.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I already knew the management in charge of the project and they were looking for a certain group to fill these positions, and I was part of that group. The interview was more of a formality.

Quality Control Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone interview asking about general education/experience. About 3 days later I was invited to a formal interview. I met with the supervisor, administrative director of the department, department manager, and HR. I was given a tour and then got to meet some people in the group I would be working with. Very laid back, mostly talked about my experience and what made me right for the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as detail-oriented? Give an example.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a very general interview and evaluate process compared to most of the major universities in the country. The interviewer are very friendly and no behavior based questions were raised.

Events Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri in January 2015.

Interview

One on one with the manager, whom asked several questions. Several of the questions were centered around what i would do during different situations and understanding if I have issues with authority.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you cannot get ahold of anyone and there is an issue?   Answer Question