University of Missouri St Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Missouri St Louis

2.3

Sort:

Office Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis.

Interview

There was one in-person interview. Be careful that you know what jobs you've applied for, as they used a different title when they called and in the interview. UMSL seems to use a standard posting for similar positions. They called me after about a week and scheduled the interview for the following week. The interview was only about 30 minutes and was conducted with a panel of two. They called me back the next morning to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your customer service philosophy; why did you choose this department. Most questions were standard behavioral situations.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted about one month after applying online through their HR system. The hiring manager (director of the department) called me to see if I was still interested and to set up a time to meet. He then emailed me to confirm the interview and gave parking details, etc. Once the day came, I met with the Director for about half an hour, where he basically read from a list of generic questions, and then I met with a committee of other people in the dept as well as an HR person. The committee went in a circle and read generic questions from a list that they all had. It was a pretty easy and straightforward interview process, and they were impressed by the questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• Really most of the questions were canned, generic interview questions. I guess the question I struggled the most with was "What is your customer service philosophy?"   1 Answer

From how the position was advertised, I thought that it was more of a student-oriented, advice-giving role, but it's actually pretty much data entry with minimal student contact. Also they couldn't match my current salary (I thought they had some wiggle room but apparently not).

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick easy interview. I came in and asked if they were hiring. A few weeks later, the head of the tutoring department caught up with me on campus, asked my availability, and hired me on the spot. I started the next day. As long as you meet the minimum requirements (have earned at least a B in all math classes up to and including calc III) you should be ok. They're usually looking for tutors.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process was very informal, more of a conversational tone. The offer letter took a little while to come. It was a panel based interview, theory questions were asked, student development, commitment to student success, etc. situational questions, transferable skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a little discouraging, I had to make a counter offer because they wanted to start me at the salary that I'd left my previous job for,

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Took a couple of weeks and several different people. They were mostly curious about prior teaching experience, not so much about prior life experience. It struck me that they were so much about academia and not so much about real world

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and knowledge of the subject   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

Sent application and had an interview within a month. Met faculty and had an offer within two weeks. Pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything really difficult. Just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Web Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis.

Interview

Received an Email for a interview on campus. No phone interview, which I prefer. Offices seemed very nice and improving. Met with Vice Chancellor and CMO. They were very pleasant to speak with. Seems like a very nice place to work for someone with 3-5 years experience. Very nice campus and location as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and my desire to work for UMSL.   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis.

Interview

I applied online through the UMSL's website. The Interview was with a few of the staff members. It was not stressful, but be ready to answer situational questions and have some ideas about programming and residents.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

I was sent to an office in the back of another office, the man interviewing me asked very basic interview questions and things about the classes I could teach and my gpa

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Missouri St Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Initial Interview- Situational/Behavioral questions with whole department. Interview consisted of 6 people asking question. A little nerve wrecking but everyone was friendly. Was called back for second interview where I was asked to present on the department and a program initiative that I could bring to the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult student.   Answer Question