University of NSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of NSW Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.6

Tutor Interview

Interview

I contacted the lecturer in charge and also submitted an application online after I was pointed in that direction. It is important that you scored highly in the class in order to secure yourself a role as a tutor.

Interview Questions

Interview

Panel of three, answered about 6 to 8 questions . Really friendly and welcoming, they didn't make me feel nervous at all. I applied through the online portal, which is a bit clunky but it clearly works!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of NSW in May 2017.

Interview

case study with 15 minutes thinking time and 5 minutes presentation to the interview panel, followed by 25 minutes interview questions, and allowed to ask questions to the panel in the end

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

You must attend PD program for all 3 days. You will study soft skills, such networking, communication, business writing and Australia culture etc.
    After that, you will be Interviewed by the staff of development center for a 50-hour internship. They will decide which function you will go and how it will work after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      An Example about you dealing with a challenge situation?
      Most important employable skills   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

There was no interview to go through. Got the position through a contact, so not much to say about the interview process except that it is conducted by the supervisors (not the university management).

Lab Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick 10 minute interview with only a couple of questions on past experience and how you would deal with difficult students during the lab. There were 2 interviewers who were very friendly and open. Was quite casual and was offered the position at the end.

Interview Questions

• What past teaching/tutoring experience do you have? How would you deal with a student who demands all of your attention all the time?   Answer Question

Casual Academic Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of NSW in January 2017.

Interview

Asked for CV / Resume, Phone interview to gauge communication skills and ability to interact with people / students. Asked about being able to explain complex engineering problems to a group of inexperienced/less knowledgeable students, dealing with confrontation/talkativeness, etc.

Interview Questions

• General questions about communication skills - ability to interact with people, being able to explain complex engineering problems to a group of inexperienced/less knowledgeable students, dealing with confrontation/talkativeness, etc.   Answer Question

Centre Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Selection Criteria had to be completed covering all areas. This was followed by a panel interview, consisting of four people, it was a formal process that went for forty five minutes all the selection criteria were covered by this process: Budgeting, Communication, Analysis of processes, Team leadership. There was a focus on staffing issues.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of NSW.

Interview

The major topic of the interview is about your experience in scientific research. No technical details were asked which is expected considering that this is an entry-level job. The invitation was sent online. And the HR administration procedure can take closer to a week. You need to fill in some forms before you can get the job. And watch out the administration personnels, they can get your details wrong for some reason.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Sending EOI email to the supervisor with CV, Transcript. For this, I need to study research areas of professors in this university who has similar research topic with me.
    2. Skype interview. This was a just casual conversation because I guess they already made a decision based on my CV and Transcript.
    3. Sending research proposal
    4. Submit formal application to the Univ.