University of Nebraska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nebraska Interview Questions

2.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

It appears UNL has strict regulations on hiring process. I started off with a 30 minute phone interview, and then I got called for an in-person interview. I interviewed first with 5 people from the department and other departments (search committee). This was very formal. The final step was an interview with the boss, which was pleasant and informal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students. I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students.   Answer Question

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a casual interview. Basic questions asked. They will also go through the rules and regulations of the NCAA. After the interview, you basically know f you got the job or not. You'll have to attend 2 more orientation thereafter (paid). However, you are already allowed to tutor an athlete after attending the first orientation session.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact or overcome a problem when tutoring an international student?   Answer Question

Library Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively laid back and quick. The supervisor was very amicable and made me feel comfortable. The overall process was mostly one interview and some other meetings with higher up people in the library system at UNL.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of college courses are you taking? How many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

One-to-one conversation and presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Special Events Interview

Interview

Initially it started across email and I came in for 2 interviews.

Custodian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

The hiring process for a custodian can be slow and long. You will interview with at least two supervisors and probably a lead custodian as well. It is a series of prewritten questions. If they are interested you will get a second interview and as long as you pass the background check you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a custodian here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. They offer and you either accept or not.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

Pretty easy

Interview Questions

• What was an experience you had working with diversity?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied to graduate school and met the minimum requirements for entry. Passed all my courses.

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online to our campus work site, and was reached within the week to set up an interview. I was offered the job on spot after about 10 minutes. The worst part was getting cleared by HR. The university's HR department is slow and inefficient. They do not follow I-9 regulations properly and that can delay the process. No e-verify.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a university job, they pay everyone minimum. If you can somehow do better, good on ya.