University of Nebraska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nebraska Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

It appears UNL has strict regulations on hiring process. I started off with a 30 minute phone interview, and then I got called for an in-person interview. I interviewed first with 5 people from the department and other departments (search committee). This was very formal. The final step was an interview with the boss, which was pleasant and informal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students. I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

One Skype interview. Did not take more than 15 minutes, I was asked to send my MS thesis and publications, there were some questions about background and experience with recycled aggregate. Also the willingness to work in the field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this research team?   1 Answer

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a casual interview. Basic questions asked. They will also go through the rules and regulations of the NCAA. After the interview, you basically know f you got the job or not. You'll have to attend 2 more orientation thereafter (paid). However, you are already allowed to tutor an athlete after attending the first orientation session.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact or overcome a problem when tutoring an international student?   Answer Question

Library Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively laid back and quick. The supervisor was very amicable and made me feel comfortable. The overall process was mostly one interview and some other meetings with higher up people in the library system at UNL.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of college courses are you taking? How many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

One-to-one conversation and presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Special Events Interview

Interview

Initially it started across email and I came in for 2 interviews.

Custodian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

The hiring process for a custodian can be slow and long. You will interview with at least two supervisors and probably a lead custodian as well. It is a series of prewritten questions. If they are interested you will get a second interview and as long as you pass the background check you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a custodian here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. They offer and you either accept or not.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

Pretty easy

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied to graduate school and met the minimum requirements for entry. Passed all my courses.