University of Nebraska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2018

2.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in January 2017.

Interview

The meeting only took about 15 minutes. Not all details of the job were explained correctly. Some of the information was misleading and not very professional. I felt I was judged more then being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the position   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

The interviewer did not ask a very many questions. It was mostly the PI describing the work they do in the lab. The interviewer just confirmed the items on my resume and asked why I was interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• What coursework have you taken that relates to this job?   Answer Question

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

One on one, basic procedures and about me. He talk about himself and ask what I know about information technology. We went through basic procedures and guidelines. I also learned about the job during the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

It appears UNL has strict regulations on hiring process. I started off with a 30 minute phone interview, and then I got called for an in-person interview. I interviewed first with 5 people from the department and other departments (search committee). This was very formal. The final step was an interview with the boss, which was pleasant and informal.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a connection with the woman running the department for which I was going to work, so we had an informal conversation, I got into grad school, then we had a more formal interview. I had previous experience in the industry and had worked on projects with the hiring person, so her instruction to me was to "get in" to grad school and it would like be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Is there any risk of you not getting into the program?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in July 2010.

Interview

CV, Research goals, Recommendation letters, Teaching Philosophy, Areas of Specialization, Integration with core values. Informal face-to-face interview.

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Govt.Univ.-fixed salary

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Very informal. One on one. Simple questions to determine if the candidate was a good fit for the position. Also to see if the person's personality would be a good fit for the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a specific situation that involved multiple parties with one or more parties being hostile towards the others.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

it is 45 minutes presentation followed by interview by a panel of 4 people. Then a lab tour and lunch. After interview, I waited about one month to hear back from the hire manager. Everything is smooth and it is a very typical interview process you can find.

Interview Questions

• Some Behavior questions and some Technical questions including:

How do you handle stress full situation
      How do you deal with the conflication with you colleagues?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students. I actually didn't have an interview. the faculty decide about TA positrons based on availability. and that time they had vacancy so they hired me as a teaching assistant for undergrad students.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

One Skype interview. Did not take more than 15 minutes, I was asked to send my MS thesis and publications, there were some questions about background and experience with recycled aggregate. Also the willingness to work in the field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this research team?   1 Answer