University of Nebraska–Lincoln Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Conference Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Lincoln, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, as well as answered three essay questions and provided two references. I also had to take online tests for my personality and basic math and logic.

Library Aid II Interview

Interview

Apply online or in person. Takes about a week to process. Easy , relaxing interview and it is informal. Got hire in a fews day. If you have library work experience, it would be beneficial.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln.

Interview

Was invited to interview with the marketing department, interview went well and sent follow up thank you email day after. Two weeks later still no word so sent another follow up. Said there was a hold with hr. Waited another 2 weeks and sent another follow up email, Said I didn't get the job. Wish I hadn't waited an entire month.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Lincoln, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application was followed by an on-campus interview. Very nice staff and warm ambiance. Campus interview was moreover what you would expect for a faculty position than a middle range staff position (two rounds of interviews and a presentation).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something you had planned and didn't go the way you planned. What was your approach/response?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Small panel of 4-5 members of the search committee. First met with search committee, then met alone with the director. It took awhile to hear back after initially submitting my application. They have to wait until the review date has passed before even beginning to look at applications. After finishing my interview, it took two days to be offered the job. I then had to pass a background test before I could officially be hired, which took around a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on from conception to completion   1 Answer

Computer Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

A full day spent meeting with 10-12 other teachers, a simulated class, and a lunch with students. A huge part of it is seeing whether you can handle the stresses of such a long day. Being nice to the staff is a must.

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Lincoln, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was behavioral based; I was asked questions about past experiences and how I handled them, what choices I had to make, and how well I work in groups/ with others. They wanted to know details about how I convinced a teammate to change their mind, and when I had to be a team leader. They also wanted to know how, in a project, I went above and beyond what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• How did I change a teammate's mind from no to yes.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln in April 2015.

Interview

Applications will not be reviewed until job posting is closed. After that, it can take 2-3 weeks to hear back for your first round of interviews. Usually begins with a phone interview, followed-up with in-person interviews

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple. A handful of people curious about what you want to do and what you want to get out of working for admissions. All of the people were super nice and UNL is a great place to work!

Interview Questions

Interview

First contact through email, then very easy interview over the phone, description of the project and of the university. The recruiter spent more time talking than listening, which made it very easy. Overall very nice contact and I got an offer a couple of days later.