University of Nebraska Interview Questions in Lincoln, NE | Glassdoor

1.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a casual interview. Basic questions asked. They will also go through the rules and regulations of the NCAA. After the interview, you basically know f you got the job or not. You'll have to attend 2 more orientation thereafter (paid). However, you are already allowed to tutor an athlete after attending the first orientation session.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact or overcome a problem when tutoring an international student?   Answer Question

Library Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively laid back and quick. The supervisor was very amicable and made me feel comfortable. The overall process was mostly one interview and some other meetings with higher up people in the library system at UNL.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of college courses are you taking? How many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online to our campus work site, and was reached within the week to set up an interview. I was offered the job on spot after about 10 minutes. The worst part was getting cleared by HR. The university's HR department is slow and inefficient. They do not follow I-9 regulations properly and that can delay the process. No e-verify.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a university job, they pay everyone minimum. If you can somehow do better, good on ya.

Counter Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I sat down in an office with a manager and they just proceeded to ask me questions about my schedule and told me about job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• We require that you at least work one day of the weekend and you will have to work football games, is that going to be okay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation stage. It was just we would like to have you work for us if you are still interested, and I said yes.

Managerial/Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in August 2011.

Interview

The application process is easy & HR is great, but it's unfortunate when internal favoritism occurs during a public search, especially when the selected candidate doesn't meet preferred requirements. I learned that candidate privacy isn't always taken into consideration & the process can be a big waste of time for interested, but non-favored candidates. It sounds like this happens much more frequently than many care to admit. It appeared that the search committee was much more concerned about completing the standardized HR questions than actually getting to know the skills/depth of potential candidates.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in May 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call and interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a connection with the woman running the department for which I was going to work, so we had an informal conversation, I got into grad school, then we had a more formal interview. I had previous experience in the industry and had worked on projects with the hiring person, so her instruction to me was to "get in" to grad school and it would like be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Is there any risk of you not getting into the program?   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in October 2010.

Interview

Worked as an intern. While there a full time position opened up. I interviewed for the position but was passed up. I continued my internship and a few months later they hired me without a subsequent interview

Interview Questions

• Fairly straight-forward. They asked me about my experience. Since I was an intern they knew my skills and background fairly well. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have negotiated a higher salary since my pay was low. It's a non-profit though and they have plenty of pricey tenured professors and football coaches on the payroll.