University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Interview

intervied with principal investigator, I was offered the job at the end of the interview, this may or may not have been a bad thing, i am not sure, but the job seemed to work out as long as i wanted to stay there, a lot of foreign language spoken made for hostile environment

Educational Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

Interview

I'd love to tell you how the interview went, except that the application portal rejected my application as soon as it was submitted. Disqualifying candidates based on an automated algorithm sounds like a great idea in theory, but by looking for unicorns who only have the exact key words you're looking for takes good talent out of your applicant pool. I wish I'd had the opportunity to interview for this position. I'd have loved to apply my skills and background towards the success of UNMC. Perhaps you should treat recruiting as it should be--a process of interpersonal communication and not automatic disqualification based on a computer algorithm. This is the problem with the hiring process today.

Interview Questions

• Do you match the job description exactly so we don't have to train you at all?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Took a little over 2 weeks. Everyone was very friendly, more so interested as you as a person and your career goals and why you wanted the job.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview, dean interview, additional interview. Long process from initial submission of application to first call, then several weeks between each step. Lengthy process, but this is standard for the majority of university positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience and management of difficult employees; limited situational questions.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Interview

The interview was whole day started 7am and ended around 4pm. There was a lunch break and 10-15 minutes between different interviewer. I met many people, were showed around and did one presentation.

Interview Questions

• Q: when you can start working?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

1) Phone interview with hiring manager
    2) In-person panel interview (4 panel members).
    3) In-person interview with Dean
    4) Final interview with Dean.

Process took 11 weeks from application to offer.
    Traditional interview questions on panel.

Tips:
    Come prepared with questions, especially if interviewing with faculty.
    Be patient. All hiring at the university level takes weeks longer than you would expect.
    Be passionate; this is good advice for any position/interview, but essential for work at UNMC.

Interview Questions

• Traditional "Tell me about a time when..." or "How would you handle..." questions   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Only HR interview and they were looking if you are a good fit for them and i think they were preferring MIS candidates over CS ones .They first contaced by phone and asked if you can work for them on a visa and said they may not sponsor any visa.How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge

Interview Questions

• They were looking if you are a good fit fot them as they think graduate students can very much do the work   1 Answer
    • How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge   1 Answer

SURP Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center in April 2015.

Interview

You'll have a two page research interests paper, one or two recommendation letters, transcripts from your school and high school test scores. The research interests paper is what really makes you stand out. This is where you tell them why UNMC and why you. It's good to have a concrete idea of what you'd like to study in the paper: too vague and they won't think that you really want to pursue that field. Put the effort in to read relevant research papers beforehand and mention them in your paper. Also mention previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• You have to make sure that you have all of your shots and vaccinations or they won't accept you into the program   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Interview

Asked basic questions about what you did when you had a conflict, how you handle stressfull situations, ect. Was allowed to ask my questions about the organization. And was then told she was going have them offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

send the application email and be interviewed and then asked to give oral presentation. Boss is nice and helpful. I gave them a oral presentation during the lab meeting,the boss ask me a lot of questions even the field is not he familiar with. It looks like boss knows science very well.