University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions

2.1

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in April 2010.

Interview

I had contacted the department head by phone the previous year, but they did not have a position available. We kept in touch by email about every six months. She let me know when a postion was available. I completed an online application and she set up an interview

Interview Questions

• The interview was more conversational than question/answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a specific salary scale.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview, dean interview, additional interview. Long process from initial submission of application to first call, then several weeks between each step. Lengthy process, but this is standard for the majority of university positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience and management of difficult employees; limited situational questions.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

1) Phone interview with hiring manager
    2) In-person panel interview (4 panel members).
    3) In-person interview with Dean
    4) Final interview with Dean.

Process took 11 weeks from application to offer.
    Traditional interview questions on panel.

Tips:
    Come prepared with questions, especially if interviewing with faculty.
    Be patient. All hiring at the university level takes weeks longer than you would expect.
    Be passionate; this is good advice for any position/interview, but essential for work at UNMC.

Interview Questions

• Traditional "Tell me about a time when..." or "How would you handle..." questions   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

I had telephonic interview which went great. I had one to one talk with the chair who describes me about the program and projects going in the department. Due to prior experience in research, he asked me the projects that I conducted over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to PhD and why did you choose UNMC?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Interview

Asked basic questions about what you did when you had a conflict, how you handle stressfull situations, ect. Was allowed to ask my questions about the organization. And was then told she was going have them offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Only HR interview and they were looking if you are a good fit for them and i think they were preferring MIS candidates over CS ones .They first contaced by phone and asked if you can work for them on a visa and said they may not sponsor any visa.How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge

Interview Questions

• They were looking if you are a good fit fot them as they think graduate students can very much do the work   1 Answer
    • How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge   1 Answer

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was daily lengthy. Overall from applying to the first day was just over a month. The interview was with the Manager and the Three Shift leads. It was held in a conference room. Semi formal attire is required. You dont have to shave.

Interview Questions

• How do work with a team and by yourself?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with hand tools and power tools? Their names and how they function?   Answer Question
    • Give us a time you were in a difficult position with a coworker, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Why UNMC and not somewhere else?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Interview

The interview was whole day started 7am and ended around 4pm. There was a lunch break and 10-15 minutes between different interviewer. I met many people, were showed around and did one presentation.

Interview Questions

• Q: when you can start working?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Took a little over 2 weeks. Everyone was very friendly, more so interested as you as a person and your career goals and why you wanted the job.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks, was offered the job at the end of the interview. I do not expect anyone else to see that same result. This was an oddity to me.