University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions in Nebraska | Glassdoor

University of Nebraska Medical Center Interview Questions in Nebraska

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Educational Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

Interview

I'd love to tell you how the interview went, except that the application portal rejected my application as soon as it was submitted. Disqualifying candidates based on an automated algorithm sounds like a great idea in theory, but by looking for unicorns who only have the exact key words you're looking for takes good talent out of your applicant pool. I wish I'd had the opportunity to interview for this position. I'd have loved to apply my skills and background towards the success of UNMC. Perhaps you should treat recruiting as it should be--a process of interpersonal communication and not automatic disqualification based on a computer algorithm. This is the problem with the hiring process today.

Interview Questions

• Do you match the job description exactly so we don't have to train you at all?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Took a little over 2 weeks. Everyone was very friendly, more so interested as you as a person and your career goals and why you wanted the job.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview, dean interview, additional interview. Long process from initial submission of application to first call, then several weeks between each step. Lengthy process, but this is standard for the majority of university positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience and management of difficult employees; limited situational questions.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

1) Phone interview with hiring manager
    2) In-person panel interview (4 panel members).
    3) In-person interview with Dean
    4) Final interview with Dean.

Process took 11 weeks from application to offer.
    Traditional interview questions on panel.

Tips:
    Come prepared with questions, especially if interviewing with faculty.
    Be patient. All hiring at the university level takes weeks longer than you would expect.
    Be passionate; this is good advice for any position/interview, but essential for work at UNMC.

Interview Questions

• Traditional "Tell me about a time when..." or "How would you handle..." questions   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Only HR interview and they were looking if you are a good fit for them and i think they were preferring MIS candidates over CS ones .They first contaced by phone and asked if you can work for them on a visa and said they may not sponsor any visa.How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge

Interview Questions

• They were looking if you are a good fit fot them as they think graduate students can very much do the work   1 Answer
    • How many hours you can work and asked if customer satisfaction is more important or programming challenge   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

send the application email and be interviewed and then asked to give oral presentation. Boss is nice and helpful. I gave them a oral presentation during the lab meeting,the boss ask me a lot of questions even the field is not he familiar with. It looks like boss knows science very well.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

I had telephonic interview which went great. I had one to one talk with the chair who describes me about the program and projects going in the department. Due to prior experience in research, he asked me the projects that I conducted over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to PhD and why did you choose UNMC?   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in April 2010.

Interview

I had contacted the department head by phone the previous year, but they did not have a position available. We kept in touch by email about every six months. She let me know when a postion was available. I completed an online application and she set up an interview

Interview Questions

• The interview was more conversational than question/answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a specific salary scale.

Research Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE) in February 2010.

Interview

Online submission.
    Initial contact by phone.
    In person interview.