University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Questions based on schedule, interest, and area of study. After about a few days, I got a call saying I got the job as an student administrative assistant.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (North Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

This interview was for the Fine Arts Department Admin Assistant position. It was a phone interview with 3 people - the Head of the Department, the College HR person and an Executive Assistant. I was nervous, but they asked questions in turn and no one spoke when the others were speaking. It was a good experience. And I was called back the next day for an in-person interview next week!

Interview Questions

• What situation have you faced in previous employment dealing with a "difficult" or challenging associate   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was non-existant; no interview. I guess it depends on the department you will be assistant, but in economics, all that was needed was a conversation with the graduate coordinator.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to schedule interview within a week. Interviewee asked about previous projects and tested networking abilities ALOT. Seemed very formal. Tough questions.I may be not experienced enough for this position.Got a call a few days after interview saying that I did not meet the requirements for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is penultimate hop popping (PHP) and what is its use?   Answer Question

Associate Professor/School of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

The committee violated confidentiality. I received numerous texts and emails from colleagues in Las Vegas who asked why I had applied there? They were not on the committee and it was easy to connect the dots of who on the committee violated these. The Dean of Nursing was informed and nothing was done that I know of at this time.

Interview Questions

• Basic research questions asked of me by an untenured, less experienced committee chair. It was a joke. She had an agenda and she was able (due to School of Nursing administrative lack of oversight) to fulfill her agenda.   1 Answer

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview, background check and drug test were required; after completion and passing of background check and drug test, I was called in for one interview, and then a second interview. Altogether, it was a 3 month process until hire date.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience in dental?, Chairside assisting skills?, computer experience?   Answer Question

Student IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Risk Management & Safety student IT worker interview process was very simple but professional. Much more appropriate for experience than campus OIT. One on one interview with the entire team where expectations and current projects were explained in detail.

Interview Questions

• Several SQL questions, PHP questions, and simple programming general questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Interview

A long weekend full of interviews ~10-15 in total. Everyone was very friendly and laid back, making the situation very comfortable. There was real interest in who you were, what you wanted to do and where you want to go.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research goals. What do you hope to gain with a PhD?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

You partake in an individual and group interview, generally the same day. If you make it through these rounds, you will progress to a semester long class. If you pass the class with 80% or better and they are fond of you, you will be offered a position. It is a very long and grueling process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to troubleshoot a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to further UNLV's diversity in the RA position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

The on campus interview was 10 hours long. It began with a ninety minute question and answer with the search committee, followed by an open campus question and answer forum. Afterwards, an informal lunch and campus tour with the search committee chair, and 30 minute one-on-ones with key staff members. Interview ended with dinner with the hiring executive.

Interview Questions

• Asked about long term goals   1 Answer