University of Nevada Las Vegas Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.5

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to schedule interview within a week. Interviewee asked about previous projects and tested networking abilities ALOT. Seemed very formal. Tough questions.I may be not experienced enough for this position.Got a call a few days after interview saying that I did not meet the requirements for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is penultimate hop popping (PHP) and what is its use?   Answer Question

Associate Professor/School of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

The committee violated confidentiality. I received numerous texts and emails from colleagues in Las Vegas who asked why I had applied there? They were not on the committee and it was easy to connect the dots of who on the committee violated these. The Dean of Nursing was informed and nothing was done that I know of at this time.

Interview Questions

• Basic research questions asked of me by an untenured, less experienced committee chair. It was a joke. She had an agenda and she was able (due to School of Nursing administrative lack of oversight) to fulfill her agenda.   1 Answer

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview, background check and drug test were required; after completion and passing of background check and drug test, I was called in for one interview, and then a second interview. Altogether, it was a 3 month process until hire date.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience in dental?, Chairside assisting skills?, computer experience?   Answer Question

Student IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Risk Management & Safety student IT worker interview process was very simple but professional. Much more appropriate for experience than campus OIT. One on one interview with the entire team where expectations and current projects were explained in detail.

Interview Questions

• Several SQL questions, PHP questions, and simple programming general questions.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

You partake in an individual and group interview, generally the same day. If you make it through these rounds, you will progress to a semester long class. If you pass the class with 80% or better and they are fond of you, you will be offered a position. It is a very long and grueling process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to troubleshoot a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to further UNLV's diversity in the RA position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

The on campus interview was 10 hours long. It began with a ninety minute question and answer with the search committee, followed by an open campus question and answer forum. Afterwards, an informal lunch and campus tour with the search committee chair, and 30 minute one-on-ones with key staff members. Interview ended with dinner with the hiring executive.

Interview Questions

• Asked about long term goals   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Talked with the head of the department and had a long interview where we just talked about my goals in life and their goals for the company.we figured out that this job would be great experience for my major.

Interview Questions

• They asked why i wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Clerical Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Two People Interviewing you. It was in a small office. They offered me water. They showed me where the restrooms were. The job duties was explained to me very well.

Student Worker/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple. It is only a student worker position so they ask basic questions. The interview is probably 15 minutes or less. You hear back fairly quickly once they made their decision and contact you fairly quickly to come in for an interview. If they feel you have potential and make a good impression, you will most likely get the job.

Scheduling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first step was completing an adobe form found online and submitting the form by email with a cover letter and references. The institution acknowledged receipt of the application. The request for the interview came several weeks later. The date requested for the interview was only a few days away when the request was made. The interview was conducted simultaneously by 2 staff members. An number of specific questions were asked. These questions were provided at the start of the interview as each question was answered. Those applicants that would move on to the next step would be contacted within a few weeks for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Those conducting the inter view were very impressive.   1 Answer