University of Nevada, Reno Interview Questions in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

2.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

First you apply online via their jobs portal. If they validate your application as eligible, they may call to schedule a phone interview. They will then email to confirm you are not selected or will contact you for on-campus interview.
    Note: If you are talented, highly-skilled and knowledgeable in the field of computer science, you may want to downplay it with these folks. They definitely are not looking for technical rock-stars.

Interview Questions

• What does ETL stand for and how is it used?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV).

Interview

Online application, followed by an exam, then a pre-recorded video interview, then a three hour in-person interview. First hour was with my potential manager and two other managers, second hour was one-on-one with potential manager, third hour was with all the managers in the division.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how you would handle hypothetical situations. Somewhat redundant, since you take an exam and some of the same questions are on the exam.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process because I was recommended by a friend. I went in and did paperwork and got the job. If you were to interview, the interview would consist of basic questions such as what your schedule is like to see if you are able to work the times needed, and that is about it. The overall process is really easy.

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV).

Interview

IT Manager called me for an interview shortly after I applied on the University's career website. The interview was onsite and was pretty standard. Interviewer asked about myself, my job experience, and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just basic interview/ getting-to-know-you type questions   Answer Question

Director, Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was 30 - 40 minutes with a 6-member panel. Greeting was warm and friendly. Each member of the team asked one or two questions, with little or no feedback during the interview. Second round interview was a presentation before the Dean. I appreciated receiving a phone message telling me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with students with disabilities?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director and the Senior Director of the program. They asked me questions about my experience that pertained directly to the program. The whole interview took about 45 minutes. The process to get hired through the University is a longer than average process. I submitted my application in June/July and did not receive a call until September.

Interview Questions

• My experience with a specific program for data collection. I had very minimal experience with the system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was informed of my salary and then was told that it had increased since the last fiscal year, which was great. No negotiation necessary.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

It was Pretty simple. The normal questions that everyone asks. They were going over a list of questions that was prepared beforehand. They asked about strengths, weaknesses, education background, previous work experience and technical skills.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

Plain and simple. There where basic questions about the course material and instrumentation. Most questions were about the what I wanted to research and how I would approach the problems. It was a fast and direct interview with the professor that I wanted to work under.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, not too hard. Briefly talked about my background. I briefly told the advisor my previous project which sort of matched her new project.
    the interview was not hard, we spent some time talking

Library Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was by phone 2-3 weeks after completing the online application. The hiring manager didn't ask me any questions but invited me for an in person interview. I interviewed with the library manager who seemed tired but cordial. She asked some questions about my resume, some basic interview questions and took me on a tour. She didn't seem very interested in my experience- just kind of going through the motions. I wasn't too hopeful when I left- I did receive a nice "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter in the mail about 2 weeks later.