University of New England Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of New England Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of New England

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email about availability regarding the post. Telephone Interview was conducted and the interviewer asked nearly 20 questions.The interview process was 1 hour long and asked questions related to teaching experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Portland, ME) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of the Department and the person currently in the Counselor position. The whole process took about 40 minutes. They told me a lot about the Department itself and how it worked with other departments on campus. I thought the interview went well. They told me I'd hear from them within a couple days. I sent 'Thank You' emails to both parties, but never heard back about the position. I did not expect to get the job but neglecting to send an email to the failed candidates who came in for an interview is not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What is your take on customer service? What are important qualities to have when dealing with customers?   Answer Question
    • What is your working style?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a particularly difficult customer service experience, and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then two months later was contacted and given materials to prepare a teaching presentation. Preparation process took roughly couple of weeks and interview+presentation took around 4 hours. Was offered the job two days later.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume and cover letter to the careers email address and was contacted to do an interview a week later. To my fault, I was unavailable the day they initially attempted to set up the interview so I planned to do a telephone interview instead while the department director was away on business. On the day of my interview, I called into the director and he did not answer. He returned my call over an hour later and asked if I was available to 'just go in' at that time to do an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Of course, I said yes to make myself flexible and re-arranged my schedule without any notice to accommodate the interview. The woman I met with was very sweet and I would've loved to work with her. Her passion and commitment to her job was evident and the interview was very informal and insightful. With that said, I didn't feel like I had many opportunities to discuss why I was qualified for the position, rather than her just telling me about the program. She even declined when I attempted to show a few pieces from my portfolio. I was supposed to have the opportunity to again speak with/meet with the director but I suppose in the meantime he met with another candidate that was an obvious fit and he did not want to meet with me. Two weeks after my initial interview I received an email that they offered the position to another candidate, which I appreciated. Overall this experience fell somewhere between neutral and negative for me. Their communication throughout the process was great, but it was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with crisis planning and communication?   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very time consuming. However, to be fair it is difficult to interview during the school semester. Coordinating of calendars, etc. is not easy.