University of New England Interview Questions in Portland, ME | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of New England

2.5

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Portland, ME) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of the Department and the person currently in the Counselor position. The whole process took about 40 minutes. They told me a lot about the Department itself and how it worked with other departments on campus. I thought the interview went well. They told me I'd hear from them within a couple days. I sent 'Thank You' emails to both parties, but never heard back about the position. I did not expect to get the job but neglecting to send an email to the failed candidates who came in for an interview is not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What is your take on customer service? What are important qualities to have when dealing with customers?   Answer Question
    • What is your working style?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a particularly difficult customer service experience, and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of New England (Portland, ME).

Interview

I got an email shortly after applying, I had a phone interview first, then an in person interview with three employees within that department. Once I interviewed it did take a few weeks to hear back, and I did have to reach out several times.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging conversations and conflict?   1 Answer