University of New Haven Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.1

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Only one question is asked. Explain me about your previous experience? It was so simple and the interviewer was so kind and gentle and the process was so smooth. I got the job offer and accepted it.

Notetaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process wasn't hard because I went through reference. Only questions were regarding the my introduction, course and then they explained the job to me. It was not at all hard just the need is to be confident.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and how many semesters you'll be staying in college?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Haven (New Haven, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Two managers asked questions about my previous experience, qualifications, instructional ideology. Their demeanor was friendly and the interview process was casual and conversational. They seemed genuinely interested in my previous approaches to the subject. Ultimately, the classes I was offered did not match my schedule and I declined the job offer with the understanding that future times might be a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Which textbooks do you use to teach rhetorical writing strategies.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with one of the faculty members and he went through my resume and asked me some interesting and friendly questions. The faculty member was clear on what needs to be done but still asked that I research want intrigues me as well.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit a portion of your time for researching ?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The employer asked me about my past education, where i completed it, how i will be capable to solve the IT problems, whats my current education situation, do i need any documents from her, how i prefer to work in a team.

Interview Questions

• How you like to work in an IT position?   1 Answer

Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with each member of the department. I was asked pretty much the same questions by each faculty member. I worked in a corporate office and the educational setting seems to be a much slower pace than the corporate setting I was use to performing in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my administrative clerical skills   1 Answer

Instrumentation Technician #11-102 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied via email, and received a response within a few weeks seeking an interview. The department's office administrator scheduled me to meet with the faculty search committee. On the day of the interview, she helped get the parking permit from the campus police (a nice touch not to have the candidate fend for themselves). I met with the department chair and briefly discussed my academic and work history. I then met with the search committee, comprised of a professor from each area of concentration within the department. Introductions were made, and they asked me to give a narrative of my work experience. They then asked me some questions, such as my experience with education and some questions specific to the planned duties of the position. I was then offered the opportunity to ask some questions, some of which had to be referred to HR. One member of the committee then took me on a tour of the facility, and we talked some more about the position, the facilities, and the university. We then parted. A week or so later, we communicated by email, and I scheduled some time with an HR representative to get a cleared picture of the compensation and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Though I did not find the question unexpected or difficult, I did find answering it to the satisfaction of one committee member to be difficult. The question:
      "Could you describe a problem that you found interesting and its solution?"
      I described a problem which had a simple solution but had presented as far more difficult due to the circumstances. The particular person seemed unimpressed and disappointed, and asked in several different ways during the narrative why I had not pursued the simple solution first. I re-iterated the circumstances which seemed to satisfy the other committee members, and the committee chair moved to another subject.   Answer Question

The salary range was lower than I expected, and the details of the benefits program were not as favorable as initially portrayed.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple. I had a phone interview first and then was called back for a formal interview in person. It was a group interview with the director, associate director, another assistant director, and an admissions counselor. They had a set list of questions that they asked me and then at the end they asked me any additional questions that they thought of individually during the interview and gave me a chance to ask any questions I had. I was also given a tour of campus prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe yourself using one word?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I was told upfront what the salary would be and I had said that was fine.

Courtesy Van Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

Well the interview went very smooth I was interviewed by the Chief and Captain of the police department at The University of New Haven. They liked me from hello.The Chief has passed on and gone home to be we the lord.But Mr. Mark De 'lieo is the Chief now and if I had to have boss he would be the choice wonderful guy.

Interview Questions

• Do you do well with all types of personalities. Can you resolve conflicts. Are you a people person.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Haven (West Haven, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

The process moved along very quickly considering the date of submission, about two weeks or so in total. First I was scheduled for a phone screen then a final face-to-face. The face-to-face functioned more like a meet and greet.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question: What do you feel you can bring to this organization and team in particular?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation: There was not one because the pay-rates were already predetermined though the university and financial aid.