University of New Mexico Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of New Mexico Hospital

Safety Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of New Mexico Hospital (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went well. The over all process took 6 months because it was a part time position and they were to change it to a full time posisiton. It was charged to full time and I was the canidate for the position.

Negotiation

It was negotiable and I meet their requirements and the pay was adjusted within my first year of employment.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico Hospital (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple and laid back, very flexible with times. Company kept in close contact with me during the hiring process, and was easy to get a hold of questions.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico Hospital (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

The application process is easy, and I was called for an interview within two weeks. I was interviewed by the nurse manager and a nurse educator. They were friendly and professional. The questions were fairly standard, such as what are your career goals, why do you want to work there, and why they should hire me. I didn't get an offer, but I didn't expect to as working there didn't really align with my career goals.

Interview Questions

• How I developed relationships with co-workers.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico Hospital in January 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a phone call a few weeks later. The interview was a peer interview, where everyone asked general questions. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to talk to. Exactly two weeks after the interview I received a phone call offering me the position. I took a few days to think on it (the whole thing was very unexpected) and eventually accepted the position a few days later. This was by far the easiest interview process I have ever been through. I had previously worked at a competitor hospital who's interview process was horrific, consisting of multiple interviews with different departments. This one was a breeze compared to that!.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult patient? If so, how did you handle them. (not word for word, but something along those lines)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although the base pay may not be all that great, ask about their "tier system". They have 3 tier levels of pay based on what certifications you have, experience, etc. It is also helpful to ask about health insurance and education reimbursement.

Patient Services Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico Hospital (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

I had 1 interview with the hiring manager who was also a charge nurse. It took about half an hour. She asked basic questions-- prior work experience, how would you handle conflict with a peer, etc. Very friendly. My perception of the work atmosphere during my interview was that she was extremely busy due to the intense nature of the department. I didn't feel like she was rushing me or anything; rather, I felt like she was being generous by setting aside half an hour for me. The interview was extremely easy and comfortable. Appearances definitely count, so I am glad I dressed professionally in business-professional attire.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy and standard-- what is your greatest weakness and how are you working to improve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No salary negotiations are possible. Before accepting a position here, consider the fact that you will probably not see a raise for years (if ever). I worked here for a total of 5 years and saw one raise of little more than 30 cents. Also consider the stressful work environment and pace. It can be rewarding, but you can also be overloaded with a ludicrous work expectation due to mismanaged staffing schedules.