University of New Mexico Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of New Mexico

2.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in UNM, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (UNM, NM) in March 2014.

Interview

Skype Interview with on campus interview and job talk
    Expect a large number of people in the room
    Back-to-back interviews with multiple committees
    Read the job description carefully, many interview questions will reference specifics outlined in the description

Nurse Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

apply online, contact for interview, (panel interview), then an offer was given over the phone. Please be sure to check your email junk area as thats where the "already filled position" emails go. (for gmail) As for the phone calls, they all show up as blocked or a strange number that you cannot call back. Make sure you have a Voicemail set up that clearly states your name,

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years, strengths and weaknesses. Multiple other positions I interviewed had up to 5 people in front of you   1 Answer

Negotiation

They dont really budge but always ask a recruiter for a raise from previous job, or at least find out your national averave for your job currently is, as you are above average.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2018.

Interview

Skype Interview with on campus interview and job talk
    Expect a large number of people in the room
    Back-to-back interviews with multiple committees

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to attend the interview.
    The interview was not so hard, but you have only 30 minutes to solve the questions.
    After that, I was called and told that I was selected.
    Questions involved are basic stuff.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of New Mexico.

Interview

Ask programming skill in SQL and understand basic statistics. Need to be a student at UNM.
    How many hours can you worked here? (hour salary) paid insurance and intuition. It is very good interview experience. Must be very aggressive and commitment for this position. Need to attend meeting if possible.

Internal Auditor III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2010.

Interview

Applicants to positions at UNM apply online through the UNM Jobs website. The entire application process was lengthy and slow. I applied on 03/04/2010, interviewed on 03/31/2010, received an offer in late May 2010, and began work in June 2010.

Interview Questions

• 13. If asked to conduct a review of a newly implemented system or of an existing IT system, how would you go about planning, conducting, documenting and reporting the review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered to me was non negotiable.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of New Mexico in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very laid-back. I was interviewed by my direct supervisor and a senior colleague. They just wanted to see that you had an interest in technology, had some background in it, and were customer-service oriented. The most important thing they were looking for was motivation to learn technology and great problem-solving skills. They asked how I would troubleshoot a problem with 'X' (do not remember the problem), in order to see the steps that I would take with troubleshooting in general.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you keep up-to-date with technology?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2012.

Interview

Very technical questions about my previous projects

Interview Questions

• all questiosn were focus on my experience and projects i have done   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary 12/hr. not bad for an undergraduate doing research. they will pay for grad school. and i will be included as first author in any paper they publish

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico.

Interview

Online posting and application process. All communication from the university, including request for interview and notification of hire/not hire are done very impersonally via email. Personal connections within the university are essential to be seriously considered for a position at this level.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Mexico (Valencia, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call back and went to job interview a week later. Interview was held in the office of the Department Chair. Answered a few questions. Questions were basic, exploratory type. There was no teaching demonstration. Within twenty minutes I was offered the position.