University of New Orleans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Late start to the video interview with no apology. Overview of past work experiences, followed by situational questions specific to the position I was applying for. Interviewer did not seem excited about having to interview me.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of New Orleans.

Interview

The overall experience was very positive. I received an email from the interviewer telling me that my resume was received. I later received a second email requesting an interview. The interviewer was very professional and asked standard interview questions. The Accounting department seemed very lean and there were a bunch of desks in a big room. I didn't see cubicles and the only office appeared to belong to the interviewer. I was really excited about the position and the interviewer did a good job of explaining the responsibilities and duties it entailed.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness? What is a strength? Why should I hire you? What did you do at your last/current position?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Orleans in March 2016.

Interview

The panel of interviewers consisted of three professors and four graduate students. Each introduced him/herself and their research interests. The interview was conducted in a friendly and courteous manner and took place more like a discussion than the administering of a test, as some interviews can be. The questions aligned with what the panel explained were their goals for the candidate they were seeking. As the person being interviewed I found the process to be fair, interesting, and appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Why UNO? What interests you about this position?   Answer Question
    • Explain your emerging research agenda.   Answer Question
    • How will you utilize graduate students in your research?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your professional experience in the field.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a story about a challenge you faced in the field and explain your take away from the situation.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in December 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. It was an easy interview just to get to know me better and make sure I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Common questions: Tell me about yourself? What are your biggest strenghts, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was pretty simple, It lasted for half an hour. They asked about my previous work experience. They mentioned about the process and how the work timings will be there. Overall the flexibility in work timing is the best that i could figure out.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with server management?   1 Answer

Student Woker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very laid back. Not really an interview, just want to know what you are comfortable with and what your class schedule is. Really it was kinda dumb. Wish i wasn't working here but I have no other option.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had several mini-interviews with individual faculty. Then I interviewed with a few administrative employees. Each of those interviews was relatively easy. No one gave me a hard time. Then I presented a piece of original research to the faculty. They asked questions and made suggestions. This was a helpful exercise.

Interview Questions

• In the interviews with the individual faculty, I was asked about my teaching and research interests. In the interviews with the department head, we discussed salary and teaching preferences.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very formal. It included meeting with the Director of Admissions as well as the Associate Director of New Student Orientation. The interview process took about two weeks and after that they came back to me with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you are a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Interview

GRE score should be good

Interview Questions

• passing the cumulative exams can be challenging for some   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in July 2012.

Interview

To be considered you must have a good GPA and good GRE results