University of North Carolina Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC | Glassdoor

2.5

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online application sent through the school. After applying, I was emailed by the hiring manager. We arranged for an interview, which I had to reschedule, then attended. It was not a high-stress environment and only required one interview, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about our school's representation on social media? What improvements would you make?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a 1 hour skills tests, followed by a 1.5 hour interview with two supervisors. The interview had a conversational tone and was pleasant overall. They asked for a writing sample afew days after the interview and then contacted me for a background check. About 2 weeks after the interview I got the job offer and was told there was no room for neogiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Materials Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru University Temp Services and they got me an interview for this position at the school of Dentistry. I interviewed with my future supervisor and the head of the department and was taken on a tour of the facility. They told me more about the job, answered my questions, and asked if I was interested in what I saw. I was given an offer that afternoon (Tuesday) and accepted. I filled out some paperwork and started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous medical or dental experience or anything else that would be helpful or relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at UNC, including a production assistant position with one of the centers to produce media content. The interview was standard after I sent some samples of my work. They wanted to know more about why I was attracted to the specific center, how I felt my past experiences fit with their work, and what my plans for the future were (given that I am an entry-level job seeker.) They were friendly and professional, but I didn't get the offer in the end. Overall, a good experience that taught me what they were looking for, which helped when I applied to other positions.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you use to keep track of tasks and deadlines?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.