University of North Carolina Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a 1 hour skills tests, followed by a 1.5 hour interview with two supervisors. The interview had a conversational tone and was pleasant overall. They asked for a writing sample afew days after the interview and then contacted me for a background check. About 2 weeks after the interview I got the job offer and was told there was no room for neogiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Materials Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru University Temp Services and they got me an interview for this position at the school of Dentistry. I interviewed with my future supervisor and the head of the department and was taken on a tour of the facility. They told me more about the job, answered my questions, and asked if I was interested in what I saw. I was given an offer that afternoon (Tuesday) and accepted. I filled out some paperwork and started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous medical or dental experience or anything else that would be helpful or relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at UNC, including a production assistant position with one of the centers to produce media content. The interview was standard after I sent some samples of my work. They wanted to know more about why I was attracted to the specific center, how I felt my past experiences fit with their work, and what my plans for the future were (given that I am an entry-level job seeker.) They were friendly and professional, but I didn't get the offer in the end. Overall, a good experience that taught me what they were looking for, which helped when I applied to other positions.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you use to keep track of tasks and deadlines?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question